• Since Jeep392.com offers no protection or formal mediation, we strongly recommend that members not choose payment forms such as Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal "gift", "Friends", "Family" payments or cash payments. These methods do not permit formal recourse via the payment system in case of disputes. Always be cautious when making a purchase over the internet!

Extra Stinger Heigh10 + JL Kit For Sale

RugbyRef

Reaction score
Backstory - I ordered a Stinger Heigh10 plus the JL install kit a while back...and promptly forgot about it. In my impatience to get the Stinger Heigh10, I purchased the same kit from a local dealer 2 weeks ago. Left for a planned family vacation and got home yesterday to find the kit I originally ordered sitting on my front porch. D'oh!

So...I'm selling one of the kits. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can work something out. The total price when I bought it was $1932, but that included tax. I will sell it for $1715 as advertised at the local audio dealer where I bought the second kit.

BTW - for those unfamiliar - this is the 10" head unit that will replace the OEM 8.4" head unit in the Jeep. I am replacing the head unit primarily for the problems I'm having with SXM.

Tim
IMG_0641[1].JPG

IMG_0640[1].JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know. I wish it did make car play wireless. That’s the only thing I’m looking for. The system looks really nice, better looking then what jeep put in. My hubby has a new bronco and I’m really jealous of the nice big screen that does everything. Definitely easier to read trails with big screen

Is it waterproof?

Thanks for letting me know. I wish it did make car play wireless. That’s the only thing I’m looking for. The system looks really nice, better looking then what jeep put in. My hubby has a new bronco and I’m really jealous of the nice big screen that does everything. Definitely easier to read trails with big screen
I completely understand! Thanks for asking.

Curious how do you like the system?

fyi, an inexpensive simple adapter can make your wired carplay wireless. I'm doing this with the factory system. Works a treat.

fyi, an inexpensive simple adapter can make your wired carplay wireless. I'm doing this with the factory system. Works a treat.
Do you have a link to the adapter you are using?

Funny... the first question that came to mind when I read this zombie post that just hit my inbox is "is it waterproof?" Then I look at the thread and see that I already asked that question with no response.

Since my Jeep stays naked from spring through fall, it's imperative that my head unit is reasonably waterproof. I presume this one is not.

Is apple car play wireless with this system?

Alpine makes an upgrade head unit for JL that is wireless for both iPhone and Android.

Holy schnikes, Batman! That thing is PRICEY!

Yes, but depends on what you're doing with your audio system?
If doing a full upgrade, speakers and amps...this makes since do to audio quality.
Plays hi-rez audio formats as well.

Yes, but depends on what you're doing with your audio system?
If doing a full upgrade, speakers and amps...this makes since do to audio quality.
Plays hi-rez audio formats as well.
I mean, if you say so. I have built some incredibly "hi quality" stereo systems in cars using factory head units and interfaces. This head unit isn't necessary to do that, but to each his own. Not to mention that fact that the factory Alpine system is plenty sufficient for the tin box that a Wrangler is... especially when mine spends more than 70% of its life naked. But again, to each his own. That $2400 would just have many other better uses for me.

I'm using this one. Plugs into the USB in the arm rest and my phone just connects a few seconds after starting the Jeep. It automatically switches to Android auto so i have google maps and all that. This is for Android but Google can show you several for Apple if you have that.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using this one, but the price has jumped a bit... maybe it's no longer considered "inexpensive"? Still worth it though. I did have a few issues initially, mainly because my phone would try and connect directly to the head unit, so I had to go and "forget" the bluetooth connections, and pair only with the new adapter. I also took the time to update the unit to the latest firmware.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4K1FNTC

Back