Exposed Oil Pan and Protruding Oil Pan Plug?

Next Venture has an aluminum muffler skid plate now. I'll see if I can find a picture, my friend just had the Next Venture skid plates put on his. Mine are on order but still waiting for my jeep to arrive,
Keep us advised if there are any heat build up issues. After wheeling this weekend on just moderate trails, I KNOW I need to skid the underside of this beast. I've only scraped the mini skid plate for the exhaust just behind the engine, but I wasn't even doing anything challenging. Alum Next Venture or Metal MetalCloak for me once I am comfortable with the crazy heat of this motor not being an issue with a little coverage from below. Thanks!

Keep us advised if there are any heat build up issues. After wheeling this weekend on just moderate trails, I KNOW I need to skid the underside of this beast. I've only scraped the mini skid plate for the exhaust just behind the engine, but I wasn't even doing anything challenging. Alum Next Venture or Metal MetalCloak for me once I am comfortable with the crazy heat of this motor not being an issue with a little coverage from below. Thanks!
I've got the MetalCloak on order....under belly and muffler...

From what I remember from my thermodynamics classes that I took (a long time ago). I think that the aluminum would dissipate heat better than steel.

From what I remember from my thermodynamics classes that I took (a long time ago). I think that the aluminum would dissipate heat better than steel.
I was trying to think that through myself. Aluminum would dissipate the heat faster, but would also heat up faster. I think the biggest factor is lessening of air circulation, in which case both would probably be just as bad. As others have pointed out, heat rises and I don't think this will be a deal breaker, but I do know when wheeling already, that fan kicks on all the time, and it is not warm at 11,000 feet in the Colorado Mtns where I am playing.

I had the full RH setup on my 2019 JLUR and I did the same for the 392. I’ve got the full RH setup, including the muffler skid and rock rails. I live in Co and have already done 4 of the 5 badge of honors… no issues. Didn’t even notice the weight.

Next Venture has an aluminum muffler skid plate now. Mine are on order but still waiting for my jeep to arrive
Not only did I not see this muffler/exhaust skid on the NV website, they have dimmed out the 392 belly skid. I have emailed asking for an update.

Not only did I not see this muffler/exhaust skid on the NV website, they have dimmed out the 392 belly skid. I have emailed asking for an update.
Ok, I did not select the 2021 year. Belly pan skid is still available for the 392, and I am asking for pricing on the muffler skid which actually protects the exhaust tips as well.

Ok, I did not select the 2021 year. Belly pan skid is still available for the 392, and I am asking for pricing on the muffler skid which actually protects the exhaust tips as well.
My Next Venture Motorsports skids are on order along with the UHMW slippery stuff, they said that the muffler skid would be included along with and extra piece for the exhaust pipes.

My oil pan looks different...

Attachments

• 20211020_201445.jpg
    20211020_201445.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 218
Hi, Hunter from Next Venture Motorsports here. I'll get around to creating an official NVM account later this week, but yeah. Reports are that Jeep listened to their customers and basically immediately changed that oil pan and replaced it with something that hangs a lot higher. Our design should work without issue on the new pans, but we also may look into tucking the skids a little closer to the newer oil pan as they become the standard. And yeah, the muffler and exhaust tip skids are included and look pretty cool.

Attachments

• 7gdLVATVT560SbQ5z9WVWw.jpg
    7gdLVATVT560SbQ5z9WVWw.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 171
Would you please measure the clearance from the ground to the lowest point of your oil pan? I started this post in August; I measured 13 3/4” from the ground to the bottom of my oil plug, the lowest point on my oil pan. It looks like the lowest point on your oil pan is the bulge around your oil pan plug. Thanks.

For those of you thinking about changing to the stamped steel oil pan, you better sit down before calling the parts department. Dealer quoted $802.00 for only the pan with a backorder date of sometime in Nov.

Would you please measure the clearance from the ground to the lowest point of your oil pan? I started this post in August; I measured 13 3/4” from the ground to the bottom of my oil plug, the lowest point on my oil pan. It looks like the lowest point on your oil pan is the bulge around your oil pan plug. Thanks.
X2. I tried to get the same angle of the oil pan for comparison. The difference in height appears significant
SmartSelect_20211021-170312_Gallery.jpg

I noticed the oil pan drain plug hanging down while installing the winch, what dumb A$$ engineer put that there to get ripped off while four wheeling? Not all 392'S will be be mall crawlers I plan to use mine off road.
Looks like they may have installed the oil pan for Challengers and Chargers. Hopefully there is a recall to change our oil pans to one designed for our 392 Jeeps.

15 1/4 "

Thanks! Not only does your oil pan give you another 1.5” of clearance, your oil plug appears to be tucked out of the way and less likely to get snagged than mine. I guess I will get in line for a new oil pan just like I waited for the correct inner tailgate plate -- still waiting for the rivets.

For those of you thinking about changing to the stamped steel oil pan, you better sit down before calling the parts department. Dealer quoted $802.00 for only the pan with a backorder date of sometime in Nov.
Could you please post the Stock Number? My dealership struggles with issues like this. Thanks.

Back