Every Pocket Empty

78Chevmoparchump

Reaction score
Current Rides
07 srt8 Jeep, 78 Camaro, 89 Gmc2500, 92 toyota Pickup
Hey Everyone Just a dude that works at a jeep shop in southern Utah hoping to be helpful and gain some knowledge love these hemi jeeps and HEMI POWER

Just thought I would put an experience out here.. Ive been working out a customers issue with his front locker not working, turns out the actuator on the carrier has cooked itself, How it happened im not sure .. Im having a HECK of a time finding a replacement actuator for this carrier. Through different dealers and all the way up to direct connection and mopar performance.. All seems to be a game of hot potato.. Anyone else had this issue? OR am i just having a strike of bad luck with help for parts. Looking in the aftermarket world eaton sells an e locker but is not for the rubicon axle (turns out this carrier will fit in the rubicon axle housing all is well until you put the factory axles in and the driver side bottoms out on the cross pin and your left with an inch gap between the knuckle and the wheel hub and the passenger side axle has maybe half inch spline engagement into the carrier.) .. ARB sells a carrier but you have to change to axles I cant get ahold of. as far as I know and whats the point if you have an elocker out back and air in the front and not looking to spend a small fortune.. Any input of experiences or solutions would be appreciated..

Welcome and hope you find some answers...

Is it the actuator itself for sure? Just askin bc the sensors are a known problem. Z Automotive makes a harness that prevents the need for a working sensor and allows the locker to operate normally.

I also personally found out the 90 degree connector on the housing has the wires taped very tight. One of the wires in my harness actually backed out.

None of that may be your issue but thought I’d throw it out there.

Hey Everyone Just a dude that works at a jeep shop in southern Utah hoping to be helpful and gain some knowledge love these hemi jeeps and HEMI POWER

Just thought I would put an experience out here.. Ive been working out a customers issue with his front locker not working, turns out the actuator on the carrier has cooked itself, How it happened im not sure .. Im having a HECK of a time finding a replacement actuator for this carrier. Through different dealers and all the way up to direct connection and mopar performance.. All seems to be a game of hot potato.. Anyone else had this issue? OR am i just having a strike of bad luck with help for parts. Looking in the aftermarket world eaton sells an e locker but is not for the rubicon axle (turns out this carrier will fit in the rubicon axle housing all is well until you put the factory axles in and the driver side bottoms out on the cross pin and your left with an inch gap between the knuckle and the wheel hub and the passenger side axle has maybe half inch spline engagement into the carrier.) .. ARB sells a carrier but you have to change to axles I cant get ahold of. as far as I know and whats the point if you have an elocker out back and air in the front and not looking to spend a small fortune.. Any input of experiences or solutions would be appreciated..
Part Number? Schematic or Parts Fiche diagram denoting actuator location?

I don't believe Jeep sells certain axle components separately. You may be stuck getting an entire axle assembly.

My neighbor found out what you posted about shafts and carriers. Cost him real money to learn it.

Good luck with your fix.

Last edited:

May be able to find what you require here:

yeah bench testing the actuator i got smoke coming out of places there shouldnt be.. I think it started out as a sensor issue then it got wired into a switch pro and tragedy from there.. Used a tazer to turn the locker lights off im pretty certain..
Is it the actuator itself for sure? Just askin bc the sensors are a known problem. Z Automotive makes a harness that prevents the need for a working sensor and allows the locker to operate normally.

I also personally found out the 90 degree connector on the housing has the wires taped very tight. One of the wires in my harness actually backed out.

None of that may be your issue but thought I’d throw it out there.

Attachments

• eaton-jeep-applications-flyer-EPSL0015 (1).pdf
    542.9 KB · Views: 5
ELocker for Jeep Wrangler (JL)and Gladiator (JT)

Attachments

• 78cc759fa3bdaa7b421180ccec13e462.PDF
    525.3 KB · Views: 3
Back