Driver Seat Bubble

jmohrig02

Reaction score
Current Rides
BMW x5m
3k miles on the 392 and my driver seat leather is starting to bubble/loosen. Just wondering if others are seeing this and if it's normal? Not a huge deal but kind of bugs me lol.

Attachments

• 20210923_124852.jpg
    20210923_124852.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 134
I am experiencing the same and have been running my hand over it to smooth it out. I thought I was being picky and my OCD was getting the better of me. :)

I am experiencing the same and have been running my hand over it to smooth it out. I thought I was being picky and my OCD was getting the better of me. :)
I am sorry I read this. I have seat covers on my 392. Now I’m afraid to look under them. :( Enjoy this photo from another OCD 392 owner:

Attachments

• OCD.jpeg
    OCD.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 113
I am sorry I read this. I have seat covers on my 392. Now I’m afraid to look under them. :( Enjoy this photo from another OCD 392 owner:
Same here. Prefer not to look under my seat covers. 🙈

Will Jeep do anything about this or is just too bad? Crazy it would do this with so few miles driven...

Will Jeep do anything about this or is just too bad? Crazy it would do this with so few miles driven...
Not sure but I plan on asking when I go in to the dealership for her first service. It doesn’t bother me enough to take her in early knowing it seems the entire world is on back order these days.

I plan on asking when I go in to the dealership for her first service.
I'm OCD on new vehicles as well... every time I find little things like rattles, mis-aligned pieces or parts, or premature wear on anything, I do the same: keep a running list and when she goes in for her first service, I have them address everything at once.

and @jmohrig02 , yeah, that'd bug the crap out of me too!!!

3333 miles so far.
Seat is still smooth, hope it stays like it is. Now I have one more thing to worry about.

Same here. Prefer not to look under my seat covers. 🙈
I checked under my seat -- no bubble after 1,200 miles. It could me that my seat covers (quilted padding) help disperse my weight. I have these seat covers in both my vehicles. I like them because they protect the most used area of the seat and at the same time allow you to enjoy the OEM leather. Here’s the link if you’re interested:

Attachments

• seat covers.jpg
    seat covers.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 120
I checked under my seat -- no bubble after 1,200 miles. It could me that my seat covers (quilted padding) help disperse my weight. I have these seat covers in both my vehicles. I like them because they protect the most used area of the seat and at the same time allow you to enjoy the OEM leather. Here’s the link if you’re interested:

Do you have any pics of them in your Jeep?

Last edited:
Have not seen this but just at 1600 miles. Wallet in the back pocket?

Have not seen this but just at 1600 miles. Wallet in the back pocket?
Not for me…wallet in front pocket. I’ve been wondering if it has to do with how I sit in the seat so going to pay closer attention and shift around to see if it helps. I am 6.3 and 220lbs but wouldn’t think that would cause it. 🤷‍♂️

Nope. I never have my wallet in my back pocket. 5'11 -- 180 lbs. Such a bummer it's stretching out so badly so early on ☹

Back