Driven Mad's "Reviving A Legend With Modern Off-Road Prowess"

Not the world's most "exciting" video comparioson, but here's a great video showing JUST HOW CAPABLE STOCK RUBICONS AND BRONCOS are!

Great video, totally lines up with my expectations for both vehicles.

People VASTLY underestimate how capable the stock Jeeps (especially Rubicons) can be, particularly with an experienced driver. It's so common to see posts along the lines of "I just got a new Rubicon and I want to do some light off-roading trails, what size tires and lift do I need?" Except in *very* extreme cases, a stock rubi will get you everywhere you need to go and then some!

If you get seriously into rock crawling, you'll start to hit some obstacles where you'd realllly like some 35s or 37s, realllly wish you could air down below 12PSI with some beadlocks, realllly wish you had 40s and Dana 60s and a chopped frame and full roll cage and 4" adjustable coilovers and... etc etc etc :ROFLMAO: - But that's so extreme for the vast majority of us.

Possibilities really open up when you're not afraid to scuff your sidewall and drag a bumper/rail/diff!

Great video, totally lines up with my expectations for both vehicles.

People VASTLY underestimate how capable the stock Jeeps (especially Rubicons) can be, particularly with an experienced driver. It's so common to see posts along the lines of "I just got a new Rubicon and I want to do some light off-roading trails, what size tires and lift do I need?" Except in *very* extreme cases, a stock rubi will get you everywhere you need to go and then some!

If you get seriously into rock crawling, you'll start to hit some obstacles where you'd realllly like some 35s or 37s, realllly wish you could air down below 12PSI with some beadlocks, realllly wish you had 40s and Dana 60s and a chopped frame and full roll cage and 4" adjustable coilovers and... etc etc etc :ROFLMAO: - But that's so extreme for the vast majority of us.

Possibilities really open up when you're not afraid to scuff your sidewall and drag a bumper/rail/diff!
I had to hop a curb today to get around a stalled car. Made me really start thinking about a 6" lift and some 40's but after I successfully made it off of the curb I felt better about my XR. :ROFLMAO:

Back