Doors off mirrors

BenLandry

Founding Member
Reaction score
For those of us who don’t have half doors…I couldn’t order in fire cracker red btw, the doors off mirrors options kinda suck for the JL. I ordered some from CMM ( Carolina metal Masters), I’m liking them, absolutely no vibration or shaking. Plenty options with the ball joints for GoPro or other cameras. I used CMM ball joint also for my phone mount. Good, well built products made in America. It does take a little getting used to looking in different spots to see the mirrors but otherwise a solid product. The mounts stay put on your grab handles and look very OEM in the Jeep. 5 minute install.

Attachments

• 15A68D86-36E3-4182-9CED-A97B4093ECC3.jpeg
    15A68D86-36E3-4182-9CED-A97B4093ECC3.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 996
  • 8EEC18F9-470B-43DF-AC8B-392349706BD3.jpeg
    8EEC18F9-470B-43DF-AC8B-392349706BD3.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 584D2FF9-F9E7-4641-836F-5B9D788ACD7B.jpeg
    584D2FF9-F9E7-4641-836F-5B9D788ACD7B.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 491
  • DCB303E3-BE3B-4958-A1E9-46EAEEC2D336.jpeg
    DCB303E3-BE3B-4958-A1E9-46EAEEC2D336.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 495
Thanks for this! Great for the doorless option.

For those of us who don’t have half doors…I couldn’t order in fire cracker red btw, the doors off mirrors options kinda suck for the JL. I ordered some from CMM ( Carolina metal Masters), I’m liking them, absolutely no vibration or shaking. Plenty options with the ball joints for GoPro or other cameras. I used CMM ball joint also for my phone mount. Good, well built products made in America. It does take a little getting used to looking in different spots to see the mirrors but otherwise a solid product. The mounts stay put on your grab handles and look very OEM in the Jeep. 5 minute install.
So looking at their website - what does the "ball mount delete" do? Is the ball mount on the back of the mirror which allows adjustment and delete means no adjustment? Thanks!
Chris

There is an option to have a ball on the bottom of the mount. I choose not to have the ball so I got the ball mount delete. You can always add the ball later. I may add it later on one side to add a dash cam. On the outside of the mirror there is a ball to be able to mount things like a GoPro. In this picture, were that screw head is would be where the ball would be. Also, I think you can mount this on the bottom of the grab handle also. I may try to see what it looks like just for shits and giggles.

Attachments

• E605F111-0313-43EC-A858-BCBFB143236A.jpeg
    E605F111-0313-43EC-A858-BCBFB143236A.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 180
I also used their ball mount for my phone holder. I purchased the ram and phone cradle from different companies. This thing is incredibly solid.
The ball is a 20mm Grab Bar Mount from CMM
The arm is a 3.5 inch duel 20mm socket from Offroam
The cradle is a universal phone mount holder from BulletPoint Mounting Solutions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 235
There is an option to have a ball on the bottom of the mount. I choose not to have the ball so I got the ball mount delete. You can always add the ball later. I may add it later on one side to add a dash cam. On the outside of the mirror there is a ball to be able to mount things like a GoPro. In this picture, were that screw head is would be where the ball would be. Also, I think you can mount this on the bottom of the grab handle also. I may try to see what it looks like just for shits and giggles.
Got it. Thanks for the info! One more question - can you move the mirror closer to the body, i.e. where the mount attaches to the grab handle - will the bar the mirror is on slide through the mount or is it fixed? Thanks again. I actually have the side mirrors on the body armor trail doors, but I'm thinking of this in addition to allow for backing up close to curbs and such.
Chris

Got it. Thanks for the info! One more question - can you move the mirror closer to the body, i.e. where the mount attaches to the grab handle - will the bar the mirror is on slide through the mount or is it fixed? Thanks again. I actually have the side mirrors on the body armor trail doors, but I'm thinking of this in addition to allow for backing up close to curbs and such.
Chris
It won’t slide through and the mirror is fixed at the end.

Reactions: cgr
but the mirror is adjustable, right?

Yes, in fact, between the bar and the mirror you can adjust it endlessly. Very easy and quick to add and take off once the brackets are installed…and those only took 5 minutes.
Thanks for all the answers!
Chris

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve always liked the CMM mirrors but can’t justify the price for them. I just picked up a set of the Lange Originals Coyote mirrors for less than half the price of CMM. They don’t move or vibrate even at highway speeds and take less that a minute to take off and on when you go doorless:

I’ve always liked the CMM mirrors but can’t justify the price for them. I just picked up a set of the Lange Originals Coyote mirrors for less than half the price of CMM. They don’t move or vibrate even at highway speeds and take less that a minute to take off and on when you go doorless:
I agree about the cost for sure, I couldn’t find many good reviews for any other JL doors off mirrors. The only way to really justify the CMM mirrors are the added benefits of being able to use the ball joints to add GoPros etc. on the outside of your Jeep without having to but new brackets. And maybe that’s a stretch. With the number of videos you do, you might get some benefit from them. I also used a CMM ball joint to mount my BulletPoint phone holder. I don’t like the phone holder CMM sells but their ball joints are solid. Sorry these pics are sideways.

Attachments

• B5D8B44C-3AE0-46BE-8E7A-539FED849822.jpeg
    B5D8B44C-3AE0-46BE-8E7A-539FED849822.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 54D98239-41CF-4962-8146-E2DE83E6BFCF.jpeg
    54D98239-41CF-4962-8146-E2DE83E6BFCF.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 49D2923E-BE25-4D9A-A60D-C000F11B1113.jpeg
    49D2923E-BE25-4D9A-A60D-C000F11B1113.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 138
I agree about the cost for sure, I couldn’t find many good reviews for any other JL doors off mirrors. The only way to really justify the CMM mirrors are the added benefits of being able to use the ball joints to add GoPros etc. on the outside of your Jeep without having to but new brackets. And maybe that’s a stretch. With the number of videos you do, you might get some benefit from them. I also used a CMM ball joint to mount my BulletPoint phone holder. I don’t like the phone holder CMM sells but their ball joints are solid. Sorry these pics are sideways.
We have the bullet point phone mount in the 392, and that’s been great. I’ll have to take a look at CMM’s offerings to see if they have any other GoPro mounting solutions that I could use, but so far my windshield suction cup mount has been great.

For those of us who don’t have half doors…I couldn’t order in fire cracker red btw, the doors off mirrors options kinda suck for the JL.
You red rig looks awesome!

So no half door option for Firecracker Red? It’s funny because the Jeep website shows it as an option when configuring a custom order. Well good to know you just saved me $4300.

You red rig looks awesome!

So no half door option for Firecracker Red? It’s funny because the Jeep website shows it as an option when configuring a custom order. Well good to know you just saved me $4300.
When I ordered it wouldn’t let the dealer add the option for red. He called and they told him it isn’t an option on the red…it’s funny because when Jeep announced the half doors it was a picture of a red one, WTF

When I ordered it wouldn’t let the dealer add the option for red. He called and they told him it isn’t an option on the red…it’s funny because when Jeep announced the half doors it was a picture of a red one, WTF
D8EE1ACD-3BDA-45D5-BD15-D4B86D98942B.png

Red half doors = Nope
WTF exactly…. Still that’s an awesome ride :)

Back