Deep Bass Noise

Can confirm. I have a 2024 392. I removed all 4 mics and still hear the deep bass on deceleration. It occurs in both auto and manual mode so it does not appear to have anything to do with cylinder deactivation. Only thing that works is throwing it into neutral when coming to a stop. :confused:
Yup. I’ve reconnected all four mic’s today and have been telling myself to just get used to the sound. It’s the engine braking followed by downshifting during deceleration is the culprit.

Just for reference, I have a 2023 20th and I have nothing like what you described. In fact I think this Jeep is much quieter than I expected. There is a very subtle off cycle exhaust noise when the thing goes into MDS but it's barely audible.

Same here. My 2023 XR is very quiet with exhaust in silent mode. It’s incredible how quiet this vehicle is on the road, with the exception of the MDS. Only noise I get when I let off the pedal is that “decel pop”, but I love that sound😎

First time I really noticed the drone sound was in 4-low driving slowly. Right around 2,000 rpm seems to be the worst. Had to switch to Quiet mode to be tolerable.
For me, removing all four mics did help. Drone was still present but sub was not adding to the problem.
Magnaflow Street exhaust did help with drone. Dynomatt is next just to further quieten Jeep. Made a world of difference in my Ram truck.
2023 XR.

Yup. I’ve reconnected all four mic’s today and have been telling myself to just get used to the sound. It’s the engine braking followed by downshifting during deceleration is the culprit.
Ditto. Reconnecting my mics too. Deceleration is marginally less obnoxious with the performance exhaust off.

I bought an tried the T-harness audio integration cable and it made ZERO difference, wasted the money on that item

Nice article on how it works:
All this talk about ANC, has anyone done away with the MDS on their 392?

the way the oiling system is set up, you are not meant to do that or you will have a lot of extra work to handle shortly thereafter

If you have a 2023, and test drive in Offroad+, it should lock out MDS so you can see if you're getting more drone while in 4-cyl mode. Not the case for me. I noticed drone worst while driving in Low-Range, which locks out MDS.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back