Dealerships

I'm curios, for those of you that have received your ordered jeeps how would you describe the closing process with the dealership? Did they try any tricks, add last minute charges, etc.

I'm curios, for those of you that have received your ordered jeeps how would you describe the closing process with the dealership? Did they try any tricks, add last minute charges, etc.

Bought from Granger in Iowa and they were wonderful to work with. I was literally in and out of dealer in less than 30 minutes. Everything was exactly as agreed upon, no extras added or anything. To be honest, the process was so quick I was little taken aback by it. Literally pulled up in my old car I was trading, parked next to my new 392. They let me look my new 392 and showed me a few features. Then went into to see the nice lady in F&I, signed a few papers and was out and done.

Highly recommend Zach and his team. They post on the forum.

Definitely look up the dealers on this forum. You may have to travel or ship the Jeep, but it is worth the hassle versus buying locally with the sharks. I had to drive 400 miles to Granger but it was worth the day trip... Local dealers wanted $20k over MSRP and I couldn't trust them to even order the Jeep and honor a price.

In my case I ordered local. I called a few places and failed miserably and then looked around to see if anyone on the boards had any experience with anyone in Mass. Found a rec with a number and called the guy. Told him I didn't want to go out of state and said I wanted a deal at least near what I could get by traveling. Asked if he had an echolocation (it was Nov) and if he was interested. He called back, we haggled a bit, and I got a really strong local deal. They then gave me a really strong trade on my car (that yes, I could have sole private party for more, but who has the time?) and we were off to the races. Communication was only marginal while I was waiting, but to be honest, nothing was happening for those first four months anyway. I was just anxious. Then it started to happen and they got a bit better. At the time of the deal they were great. Took about about an hour and a half to do deal with the trade, plating, canceling of the old plate, purchase and the like. But I better than most other experiences I've had and they didn't try to add anything in there.

I think the best thing you can do when ordering is get all of the details in writing up front. I did with Nyle Maxwell in Austin and it was a great experience.

I've been able to get written agreements between my dealership in all the critical areas but i've heard some last minute antics once the car arrived which brought up the original question. I don't expect any issues and I appreciate the feedback from others who have already made it to the end of the process.

What specific antics are you referring to?

The last minute add-ons such as tinted windows, gap insurance, special air inserted in tires, special seat protective materials, etc. All of this typically shows up in the finance piece of the deal. I am interested in getting all things done in less than a hour with no trade-in, possible all cash, and avoiding any surprises across the board. I have dealt with this particular dealer before and for the most part they are fine but this is my first ordered car from the factory so all of this is pretty new. I would guess like most folks I've seen two million videos on the whole process so i feel pretty good where things are but when the car comes in I don't want any funny stuff from the dealership.

The last minute add-ons such as tinted windows, gap insurance, special air inserted in tires, special seat protective materials, etc. All of this typically shows up in the finance piece of the deal. I am interested in getting all things done in less than a hour with no trade-in, possible all cash, and avoiding any surprises across the board. I have dealt with this particular dealer before and for the most part they are fine but this is my first ordered car from the factory so all of this is pretty new. I would guess like most folks I've seen two million videos on the whole process so i feel pretty good where things are but when the car comes in I don't want any funny stuff from the dealership.
Echoing @Uncommon Sense in praising the process with Granger. Zach responded to all my questions and update requests right here on the forum. When the time came, I flew in, they sent someone to pick me up from the airport (25 min each way), when we got to the dealership they had the 392 sitting there in all it's glory, pulled out from a line of other 392s, which was a pretty cool sight. Since they specialize in ordering for people from all over, they had the process DOWN. I had already e-signed all the paperwork and had some phone time with finance, where the only "extras" they asked about were an extended warranty - which they did for $50 over dealer cost. They post about that deal in the forums here too, so I was already aware of it. I think I signed in 2 places, shook hands, and that was it.

Let me contrast that with the first 392 I ever saw on a lot, where they had $800 of "3M door edge protectant film" and some other absurd add-on that I don't even remember because it was so ridiculous. That was ON TOP of the 15k additional dealer markup (ADM). I'm not kidding you, this was the product that they were shamelessly charging $800 for.

So, with 6k off MSRP at Granger, I saved $20,000+, and they were super supportive throughout the process. Already talking with them about ordering another jeep for my fiancee, and we live in Los Angeles, 1800 miles away :ROFLMAO:

Lakeland in Florida. Ask for Mike. No tricks or surprises. All of their policies are spelled out and honored when you give them your $1000 deposit. Would use them again in a heartbeat.
SHOJEEP

Back