Dealer Markups

Jpick392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2012 wrangler
Is everyone seeing that dealers are typically marking up the MSRP when trying to buy a stock 392 or deposit for one due into dealer in the next few months? How much?

Is everyone seeing that dealers are typically marking up the MSRP when trying to buy a stock 392 or deposit for one due into dealer in the next few months? How much?
Of the 5 I spoke with 2 had a mark up.

One dealer in LA told me 30k. Another outside of LA told me 10k. I have found one in another state with 5k. Please tell me where to find dealers that can currently order with no markup!

It seems if dealer has the car on lot today or due in next few weeks they want a markup. One dealer said for car arriving in 2 weeks $5k mark-up, new order no mark-up but 4 month or more wait

One dealer in LA told me 30k. Another outside of LA told me 10k. I have found one in another state with 5k. Please tell me where to find dealers that can currently order with no markup!
Rick Hendrick North Charleston, South Carolina; Pearson jeep Richmond Virginia; Hall jeep Va beach Virginia.
You have to order one to avoid most of the mark up.

Thanks I'm in no rush so ordering one isn't an issue. Virginia to California the delivery charge is likely close to $5k though. I've been hearing fairly consistently about $0.90/mile on a flatbed and you have to pay for roundtrip. Not sure if there is a cheaper delivery method.

I paid 25k over the sticker price for mine. Probably a huge mistake, but time will tell. I was given a price of 10k over sticker for ordering one... or 25k over for the one on the lot. Decided to take the one on the lot because of the chip shortages and the rumor that they may not make more of these down the road. A big gamble for sure.

I paid 25k over the sticker price for mine. Probably a huge mistake, but time will tell. I was given a price of 10k over sticker for ordering one... or 25k over for the one on the lot. Decided to take the one on the lot because of the chip shortages and the rumor that they may not make more of these down the road. A big gamble for sure.
As the saying goes, "if you want to play, you gotta pay." LOL. Short-term...we may lose a little. Now long-term...only time and the market will tell. The world is going electric, so these V8 dinosaurs may be extremely valuable, or something nobody wants to hear about in the future.

I bought my current Rubicon for $27k out the door in 2008 and KBB claims it's worth about $16k now which is incredible. I figure this buys me a little leeway towards paying the jacked up sticker price of the 392...
I bought my LJR new in 2005 for $35K (no markup) and these same 2005 & 2006 Jeeps are now fetching upwards of $26K in private sales.

A few of dealers in our Area have them or are getting them in . Everyone is $10,000 over sticker!

I’ve seen a bunch that were MSRP. That’s how I got mine. Guy who ordeted it couldn’t pay when it arrived.
That’s how I got mine.They had two people backed out.I got them for 1000 under msrp.Best I could get.And they wanted my raptor.Market is high on trucks here.19 with 5k on it .And it was a Saturday and seemed like they wanted to move cars

Last edited:

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back