Dealer Ceramic Coating

NC392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 392 ordered
My dealer is selling me a 392 at MSRP. However, they would not place the order unless I bought the high profit items like wheel locks and ceramic coating. They discounted it from the original quote but I wasn’t thrilled. I get it. They have to make money too and it isn’t a lot compared to the price of the car. The dealer salesperson said it would only take their guy a day to do the ceramic coating. If I were to get this done by a professional i hear it would take a few days, due to the prep work.
I would love to get your opinions if the dealer is just going to rub a cheap bottle of stuff on the car and call it ceramic coating? Is that going to cause issues with the paint if I want a professional ceramic coat or PPF in the near future ?

Most ceramic coatings come with a warranty card so make sure you request it and you should be covered either way.. the stuff works for sure..

My dealer is selling me a 392 at MSRP. However, they would not place the order unless I bought the high profit items like wheel locks and ceramic coating. They discounted it from the original quote but I wasn’t thrilled. I get it. They have to make money too and it isn’t a lot compared to the price of the car. The dealer salesperson said it would only take their guy a day to do the ceramic coating. If I were to get this done by a professional i hear it would take a few days, due to the prep work.
I would love to get your opinions if the dealer is just going to rub a cheap bottle of stuff on the car and call it ceramic coating? Is that going to cause issues with the paint if I want a professional ceramic coat or PPF in the near future ?
PPF needs to go before ceramic coating. If they apply real ceramic coating, not the spray bottle kind, PPF won't stick. You can put ceramic coating on top of PPF, but not the other way around.

Back