Condition When Picked Up at the Dealer?

byhumba

Founding Member
Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
I'm curious about the condition in which the 392s arrived at the dealer? How many miles were on the odometer? Please share your experience.

78 were on mine and I was there when they unloaded off the truck, so I know no dealership joy riding.. Other than a dirty drivers floor board it was in good shape. I didn't have the dirt underneath like some have.

78 were on mine and I was there when they unloaded off the truck, so I know no dealership joy riding.. Other than a dirty drivers floor board it was in good shape. I didn't have the dirt underneath like some have.
That's a complete load of crap and unacceptable!!!

That's a complete load of crap and unacceptable!!!
I feel the same way, but legaly speaking, car manufacturers can put 200 miles on a vehicle and still deliver it as new to the dealer. Sometimes dealers put those miles in through test driving and such, sometimes car manufacturers do it.

75miles and dirty
Sorry to read that. Do you know if you were one of the early orders that were put in storage for weeks or months waiting for release after Easter Jeep Safari?

Sorry to read that. Do you know if you were one of the early orders that were put in storage for weeks or months waiting for release after Easter Jeep Safari?
Ordered on the first day.. Just landed 2 days ago. Power top with half doors

Ordered on the first day.. Just landed 2 days ago. Power top with half doors
It is looking more and more like the early orders are the ones affected. Early orders should have been the ones showing up spotless to make a good impression.

Well, glad you have it in your possession now. Enjoy it to the max.

I'm curious about the condition in which the 392s arrived at the dealer? How many miles were on the odometer? Please share your experience.
I dropped my my local dealer and saw this beautiful blue 392 being delivered with 40 miles on the odometer. The dealer claims it arrived that way. That’s more miles than I’ve seen on any new car I’ve bought in the past. Perhaps Jeep is spending the extra time test driving them to make sure they are ready for prime time.

Attachments

• tempImagemF3h7L.png
    tempImagemF3h7L.png
    685 KB · Views: 225
Mine was a little dirty. Had 30 miles on it. Looked like it had been driven through some mud puddles but nothing serious. The dealership washed it and filled it up with a full tank.

Mine was a little dirty. Had 30 miles on it. Looked like it had been driven through some mud puddles but nothing serious. The dealership washed it and filled it up with a full tank.

Attachments

• 25B2989A-FAF4-4D82-A5B0-B70B8B8ECAA1.jpeg
    25B2989A-FAF4-4D82-A5B0-B70B8B8ECAA1.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 235
Full tank of 91 Octane or better?<--- this is what the 392 should be using
Or a full tank of 85?

Mine had 6 miles on it
The GM at my local Jeep dealer sent an e-mail to FCA asking why his latest 392 showed up with 40 miles on it. They responded by stating they had experienced “transport issues” which forced them to drive many 392s to other locations instead of trucking them there. FCA didn’t elaborate whether this was just a one-time issue or an on-going issue.

The GM at my local Jeep dealer sent an e-mail to FCA asking why his latest 392 showed up with 40 miles on it. They responded by stating they had experienced “transport issues” which forced them to drive many 392s to other locations instead of trucking them there. FCA didn’t elaborate whether this was just a one-time issue or an on-going issue.
This is good to know!

Back