Condition When Picked Up at the Dealer?

Hydro Blue 392

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392
I’m with you wanting to keep things original; however, I made 4 quick mods for functionality and protection: Replaced the rock sliders for Mopar side steps (now I can reach the middle of the roof without a step ladder and clean the windshield without standing in the open doorway); 13 inch rubber antennae (the metal antennae was getting caught on my mountain bike hanging from the ceiling); plastic door sill covers (to keep your feet from scratching the paint in the doorways); and a dead pedal (helps with fatigue and aids in keeping your body stable while maneuvering). All were fairly easy to install; although installing the dead pedal (without removing the front seat) required a lot of twisting and bending of my aging spine....but it was worth the pain.
Oh yeah as far as adding steps and sill covers, that's a must. I don't like sliding in and out on leather. Wears the seats out on the sides over time. When it comes to changing out original equipment, I'm gonna refrain just in case it becomes a more wanted vehicle in the future.

BobT

Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah as far as adding steps and sill covers, that's a must. I don't like sliding in and out on leather. Wears the seats out on the sides over time. When it comes to changing out original equipment, I'm gonna refrain just in case it becomes a more wanted vehicle in the future.
Age old tradition of keeping a box of "take-offs" up in the attic of the garage.

Hydro Blue 392

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392
Age old tradition of keeping a box of "take-offs" up in the attic of the garage., Yep I know where you're coming from. I've done it many times.
Lol, yep, I know where you're coming from. I've done that myself many times, but I like the original outfit. It has that clean sporty look. Also, I tow it behind my motorhome. So, I guess in a way, I have added non OEM...... the tow bar plate which is a direct connect so it's barely visible when you look low under the front.
Age old tradition of keeping a box of "take-offs" up in the attic of the garage.

Ngcannotwait

Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m with you wanting to keep things original; however, I made 4 quick mods for functionality and protection: Replaced the rock sliders for Mopar side steps (now I can reach the middle of the roof without a step ladder and clean the windshield without standing in the open doorway); 13 inch rubber antennae (the metal antennae was getting caught on my mountain bike hanging from the ceiling); plastic door sill covers (to keep your feet from scratching the paint in the doorways); and a dead pedal (helps with fatigue and aids in keeping your body stable while maneuvering). All were fairly easy to install; although installing the dead pedal (without removing the front seat) required a lot of twisting and bending of my aging spine....but it was worth the pain.
We added steps too - the wife’s legs are a bit short. We’ve considered the sill covers as well. The rubber antennae is a great idea - trees & such on trails will be an issue I’m sure. Ha don’t thought about the dead pedal but that’s a great idea as well. We have wondered if the wrong plate will add value - in the end?? Might be nice to have the correct one - you know… in the glove box??

zmpm01

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 392, 72 CJ5, 2001 MK23 MTVR, 2005 RAM SRT-10 CE, 2006 Liberty CRD, 2016 RAM 2500 CRD
Hey Hydro Blue 392, What MFG. base plate did you go with? Any problems with the fit?

CBH

Founding Member
Reaction score
We added steps too - the wife’s legs are a bit short. We’ve considered the sill covers as well. The rubber antennae is a great idea - trees & such on trails will be an issue I’m sure. Ha don’t thought about the dead pedal but that’s a great idea as well. We have wondered if the wrong plate will add value - in the end?? Might be nice to have the correct one - you know… in the glove box??
I ordered the plate a few days ago. It was only $14.95 I may not install it either.

BobT

Founding Member
Reaction score
I heard a story.
Yeah, I know... But there is a point in the delivery process that involves removing the vehicles from the railcar, into a large parking area. Then when the proper truck going the correct direction shows up. The vehicles sharing that direction get loaded up. What I am saying is that car jockeys could be the culprits putting miles and mud on our rides.
Pure speculation. But think about it...

Last edited:

Ngcannotwait

Founding Member
Reaction score
I heard a story.
Yeah, I know... But there is a point in the delivery process that involves removing the vehicles from the railcar, into a large parking area. Then when the proper truck going the correct direction shows up. The vehicles sharing that direction get loaded up. What I am saying is that car jockeys could be the culprits putting miles and mud on our rides.
Pure speculation. But think about it...
When they arrive w/ hundreds of miles on them - that’s not car jockeys… even close to 100 - uncalled for when they come straight off the truck

OP
byhumba

byhumba

Founding Member
Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Mine arrived today, 8/19/2021, in pristine condition! It had 23 miles on the odometer. Some fuses were not seated all the way. Make sure your fuses are tight to prevent electrical gremlins some were experiencing at one point.

Ngcannotwait

Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived today, 8/19/2021, in pristine condition! It had 23 miles on the odometer. Some fuses were not seated all the way. Make sure your fuses are tight to prevent electrical gremlins some were experiencing at one point.
🎉🎉🎉
ENJOY
We LOVE ours.
What did you get -

Ngcannotwait

Founding Member
Reaction score
Sarge Green, hard top, headliner, tow package, gate reinforcement, all weather rubber mats, dual door, and cargo rail system.
Ours is red. Not in love w/ the rail system - the rest is amazing - ENJOY

Chazzard

Reaction score
Current Rides
Toyota Tundra, Nissan Armada
22 miles on mine and a little dust but told salesperson not to detail because it's going straight to ceramic shop for 4 coats, ppf, and a detail. She said salespeople like to show them until picked up, but she locked my keys up and made it inaccessible and denied access to it until I could get to it. Very happy with the dealership in Houston area.
View attachment 787View attachment 788
Where did you get that wheel cover?

Hydro Blue 392

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392
Where did you get that wheel cover?
Website called boomco. From what I understand they do or did OEM for Honda CRV and Toyota RAV 4 back when they had spare tires on their gates. Now they do aftermarket.

Latest Discussions