Clayton Off Road Lift installed on my 392

Shockerracing

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
Wrangler 392, Gladiator, JLUR
I just wrapped up my install of a Clayton Off Road Overland Plus lift kit on our Wrangler 392, and I've got to say it has not only increased the look and function of the 392 but also the overall driveability of it! I went with their 2.5" lift kit which was technically designed for a Diesel Rubicon as far as spring rate etc. Now I should say, the 2.5" Lift rating is based off of a regular Rubicon, not a 392. So we weren't sure how much height we would actually gain over stock on a 392. In the end, this kit ended up netting me 1" in total height, and there was about a 1.5" gain at the front of the 392. I am being told they will have the 392 specific kit listed on their website this week. I kept the stock Fox Shocks because I like the bronze and am trying to keep the 392 specific parts on it for now. Also, I am running on 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers with the stock wheels.

If you are interested in the install process you can check out my video here:

Here's the pic I used for the video cover so you can see the stance:

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 424
Watched your video. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to your thoughts on the flex capabilities and ride quality of this current setup.
I can already tell you that it has stiffened up the handling quite a bit(in a good way) and actually made the handling match the V8. I felt that the stock suspension was too soft and with the power of the 392, I felt the handling on on ramps wasn't quite matched. But I will have a new video up with a ride review in a few days!

Great video as usual… my winch dropped my 392 front just about an inch. I also have 37s so I’m in the market for another inch or 2….story of my life I guess
LMAO!!! They will have two options for you then, you can either go with the 2.5" which gained me 1", or their 3.5" which would probably gain you about 2".

I’m waiting on brackets and inner fenders to do a fender chop. Brackets from AAL and inner fenders from Artec…the inners need to be the diesel version apparently, regular JL inners won’t fit. I totally agree that the stock ride is a little soft. I’d like to hear from some guys who have had theirs on the trails to address the ride quality.

Attachments

• D4936A3C-F10A-47BA-B62B-8535ADAB6E95.jpeg
    D4936A3C-F10A-47BA-B62B-8535ADAB6E95.jpeg
    426.8 KB · Views: 156
I’m waiting on brackets and inner fenders to do a fender chop. Brackets from AAL and inner fenders from Artec…the inners need to be the diesel version apparently, regular JL inners won’t fit. I totally agree that the stock ride is a little soft. I’d like to hear from some guys who have had theirs on the trails to address the ride quality.
I definitely need to get it Offroad and test the flex to figure out bump stops etc. I can't wait to see how yours looks with the fender chop.

Have taking my 392 on servers trails it’s been really solid. But of course your videos make me want to get a Clayton Off-road Lift. So far here is mine at stock height with 35s and half doors.

Attachments

• 8B586CF4-1548-4D28-84A9-B3C2CDECE4BF.jpeg
    8B586CF4-1548-4D28-84A9-B3C2CDECE4BF.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 257
  • A63FD4DD-7B83-46E0-A893-9C686D2A4824.jpeg
    A63FD4DD-7B83-46E0-A893-9C686D2A4824.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 269
Have taking my 392 on servers trails it’s been really solid. But of course your videos make me want to get a Clayton Off-road Lift. So far here is mine at stock height with 35s and half doors.
Looking good! Love it with the half doors!

Looks amazing! I should have done the half doors "damn it Jim"! Lol! Ugh my wife just started working after 19 years so hoping she will help share the pennies with me to start the fun upgrade process. 🙏

Back