Ceramic Coating almost done ✅

Carnut12

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Getting polish/paint correction and a 9 year Ceramic Coating. Check out that reflection off the Paint.

Attachments

• 0E13E444-C9D0-49AF-8F6B-B7E787F82D9B.jpeg
    0E13E444-C9D0-49AF-8F6B-B7E787F82D9B.jpeg
    312.1 KB · Views: 840
  • A0032F3C-E201-4008-B451-04F2E5136812.jpeg
    A0032F3C-E201-4008-B451-04F2E5136812.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 370
  • C206F5BB-CD25-460C-89C5-BB55C36018DB.jpeg
    C206F5BB-CD25-460C-89C5-BB55C36018DB.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 364
  • 8C9E8C15-DF81-4363-9AC5-C6A569AEDAA5.jpeg
    8C9E8C15-DF81-4363-9AC5-C6A569AEDAA5.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 368
Wow that looks great. I had mine done with paint correction and ceramic pro as well. Also had xpel on grill, hood, a pillars, and fenders. The difference like yours was amazing. Looks way better than your average Sting grey Jeep. Also have a Sarge just like it on order thinking I would like the color better. Plan to sell one just not sure which at this point. Seeing yours is not making it any easier to decide.

Attachments

• 03E96CE3-0C40-49D2-BDB5-242082115480.jpeg
    03E96CE3-0C40-49D2-BDB5-242082115480.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 270
  • ED194749-0DCF-45A0-BA1C-56517FD27671.jpeg
    ED194749-0DCF-45A0-BA1C-56517FD27671.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 265
  • A2326E00-942C-4D2D-AE4B-2BCD23794B00.jpeg
    A2326E00-942C-4D2D-AE4B-2BCD23794B00.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 264
You guys getting ceramic coatings….. make sure you get the annual top coat reinstalled every year to 18 months to keep the ceramic in good shape and maintain your warranty
We have seen 5 and 9 year coating have to be completely polished and reinstalled after a couple of year because it wasn’t maintained
The top coat is basically protection for your protection😂🤣😂

Man now I really wanna see more 392s with ceramic coating and with PPF!!

You guys getting ceramic coatings….. make sure you get the annual top coat reinstalled every year to 18 months to keep the ceramic in good shape and maintain your warranty
We have seen 5 and 9 year coating have to be completely polished and reinstalled after a couple of year because it wasn’t maintained

Hey MrTint! Glad to have you here, welcome to the forum! I'm guessing by your name we might be able to bombard you with technical questions and you'll have all kinds of good info :)

Lol
Yes…. Fire away
Been in the business since the 80’s
I do own a 392
I did PPF on the whole Jeep and ceramic coated it

PPF is no joke on the hood but the rest is 101

Attachments

• D96A00B5-E507-4F11-BCD5-3D0A7FF11A14.jpeg
    D96A00B5-E507-4F11-BCD5-3D0A7FF11A14.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 03C3AE28-36FA-4099-B25E-6A9675A1A9CA.jpeg
    03C3AE28-36FA-4099-B25E-6A9675A1A9CA.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 223
The Jeep’s here with the front bar, question.
What brand and any alterations (drilling?) or direct fit?
Thank you

Lol
Yes…. Fire away
I do own a 392

Do you have any thoughts/suggestions on the windshield protection film? I was thinking getting DYNOflex installed and local shop would charge $500 for the windshield.

I also found that there’s this pre-cut ClearPlex film for JL windshield at a much lower cost since it’s a DIY kit: https://www.grab-gard.com/products/jeep-wrangler-windshield?variant=31874539257938

I’d appreciate it if you could share any insights.

Both are great and all jeeps should have this. We all know how easy it is to catch a rock on jeeps and break the glass. The hard part is I can get replacement glass installed for $180-220 on jeeps so it’s a hard sale. With that said, I still think it’s worth while.

Clear Plex is made by Madico. Madico has been around FOREVER. Clear Plex was first to the market and proven to work. It’s a 4 mil polyester film (like window film) looks like the DIY kit is Pre shrunk for you (please confirm this)

DYNOflex is new to the market and is great at marketing. It is a 7 mil polyurethane (like PPF) being a polyurethane it make install quick and easy

Other then the thickness and material type……. Everything else is the same. Both 99% UV, optically clear, great warranties

My recommendations
If your handy and feel comfortable doing the install…. The clear Plex is a great choice.
should be really easy to install on a jeep. A lot like installing a large decal. You will need a spray bottle. Baby shampoo and a squeegee. I didn’t check but they should have a install kit to purchase. Just do the install indoors and have someone help you peel and place. The shampoo gives you slip. This allows you to position the film before you squeegee.
TIP: Make sure you clean the rubber and frame around the glass too. Film will want to slide down when positioning so this will help so you don’t pick up contamination (maybe I can do a install video for you guys) probably one on YouTube already

Use the DYNOflex if your not a DIY person or maybe source a local tint shop to instal the Clearplex kit to save some money. $500 is boarderline for a jeep only because you could replace it twice for that same $$ amount. If it was a Tesla or Porsche that is a $1500 to $3000 windshield then it’s cheap protection. Im not saying $500 is too much. I’m saying you will be paying $500 to protect a $200 windshield. BUT it is to protect OEM equotment

Hope that helps!!

Both are great and all jeeps should have this. We all know how easy it is to catch a rock on jeeps and break the glass. The hard part is I can get replacement glass installed for $180-220 on jeeps so it’s a hard sale. With that said, I still think it’s worth while.

Clear Plex is made by Madico. Madico has been around FOREVER. Clear Plex was first to the market and proven to work. It’s a 4 mil polyester film (like window film) looks like the DIY kit is Pre shrunk for you (please confirm this)

DYNOflex is new to the market and is great at marketing. It is a 7 mil polyurethane (like PPF) being a polyurethane it make install quick and easy

Other then the thickness and material type……. Everything else is the same. Both 99% UV, optically clear, great warranties

My recommendations
If your handy and feel comfortable doing the install…. The clear Plex is a great choice.
should be really easy to install on a jeep. A lot like installing a large decal. You will need a spray bottle. Baby shampoo and a squeegee. I didn’t check but they should have a install kit to purchase. Just do the install indoors and have someone help you peel and place. The shampoo gives you slip. This allows you to position the film before you squeegee.
TIP: Make sure you clean the rubber and frame around the glass too. Film will want to slide down when positioning so this will help so you don’t pick up contamination (maybe I can do a install video for you guys) probably one on YouTube already

Use the DYNOflex if your not a DIY person or maybe source a local tint shop to instal the Clearplex kit to save some money. $500 is boarderline for a jeep only because you could replace it twice for that same $$ amount. If it was a Tesla or Porsche that is a $1500 to $3000 windshield then it’s cheap protection. Im not saying $500 is too much. I’m saying you will be paying $500 to protect a $200 windshield. BUT it is to protect OEM equotment

Hope that helps!!
Thank you Mr. Tint for sharing your knowledge and suggestions!

You are right, the ClearPlex has a kit and it says it's pre-shrunk. Guess I don't need a heat gun?

What you commented on the DYNOflex cost really makes sense.

I'll probably go with the pre-cut ClearPlex kit and either do it myself or ask the local tint shop if they can get it installed for me when they tint the front windows.

Lol
Yes…. Fire away
I do own a 392

I went down the youtube Xpel PPF and Ceramic Coating rabbit hole last night, and my main takeaway was that:
  1. I really want to PPF and CC the whole damned jeep
  2. That it'll cost me up to 7-10k for this
These were both very conflicting feelings for me.

I did also see that it's pretty common for people to do just high-impact areas (grille, hood, fenders, flares, a-pillar) and that this (at least somewhat) significantly reduces the cost.

I also found a jeep that had done a satin Xpel on the sarge green:

Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-SunTek-Ultra-Matte-P1.jpg
Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-SunTek-Ultra-Matte-S1.jpg

Really rad!

The Stek and Lluminar films already have hydrophobic coating which eliminates the need for adding ceramic, correct?

What's the cost on the annual top coat?

I went down the youtube Xpel PPF and Ceramic Coating rabbit hole last night, and my main takeaway was that:
  1. I really want to PPF and CC the whole damned jeep
  2. That it'll cost me up to 7-10k for this
These were both very conflicting feelings for me.

I did also see that it's pretty common for people to do just high-impact areas (grille, hood, fenders, flares, a-pillar) and that this (at least somewhat) significantly reduces the cost.

I also found a jeep that had done a satin Xpel on the sarge green:

View attachment 3191 View attachment 3193

Really rad!
Where are you located?

I really think you can get it all done PPF and ceramic don for 7k with all the good (high end) product. If you choose to go with stealth them probably $1k more. Stealth is harder to work with and requires really accurate cuts for obvious reasons.

Yes it is way more common to do the front impact areas and ceramic whole car. This will put you in the 4k area
This is a better option unless you are planning on actual using your Jeep on tight trails. Bushes and branches dragging down the sides. I have also seen car washes cause the same type of damage down the sides

The Stek and Lluminar films already have hydrophobic coating which eliminates the need for adding ceramic, correct?
Yes. The Valor series does in the Llumar
Suntek has a line identical. I think it’s called Ultra
Both companies are owned by Eastman and both produced in Virginia just miles apart.
Here are the difference in the lines llumar makes

Back