Bye bye bronco, Hello Hemi!

Maxx

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
‘21 392 AEV JL370
Excited about the new 392! A big thanks to the forum members/founders here for all the useful information. Looking forward to the adventures.

Ditto

I heard the warthog is coming, the V8 Bronco.
They scraped the V8 for the warthog some time ago. There are rumors of a Raptor Bronco in about 2 years. I saw the 1st pre-production "Black Diamond" full sized Bronco today @ Jeep Fest in Dallas. I dropped off my 392 there today to be displayed in the Bestop booth with their new soft-top for the JL. I will post pics if folks want to see it. Kinda hate posting on this forum...

They scraped the V8 for the warthog some time ago. There are rumors of a Raptor Bronco in about 2 years. I saw the 1st pre-production "Black Diamond" full sized Bronco today @ Jeep Fest in Dallas. I dropped off my 392 there today to be displayed in the Bestop booth with their new soft-top for the JL. I will post pics if folks want to see it. Kinda hate posting on this forum...

Yes, I heard no current plans for a V8 in either of the future “warthog” or “raptor” trims of the bronco. I heard variations of their V6. Who knows, though? All rumors at this point. They have yet to figure out how to get the basic trims(full size broncos-not the sport model)produced properly. Don’t get me started…..I was an extremely early bronco reservation holder.

I spoke with someone who works at the Ford Michigan assembly plant who said there are engineering/design flaws with the tops. They leak after being removed. A change has supposedly already been made for attachment points on the following ‘22MY trims. There have also been reports of technical glitches with the trail turn assist and electronic sway bar disconnect features during ride along events.

The process with my Jeep order has been orders of magnitude easier and more transparent than it was with ford. So happy I left that mess.

Would like to see pics of your 392 at Jeep Fest!

Last edited:
Best of both worlds - my wife ordered a Bronco!
I’m curious to see what your opinion is on the Jeep and the Bronco since your going to own both .Let us know what you think .

Yes, I heard no current plans for a V8 in either of the future “warthog” or “raptor” trims of the bronco. I heard variations of their V6. Who knows, though? All rumors at this point. They have yet to figure out how to get the basic trims(full size broncos-not the sport model)produced properly. Don’t get me started…..I was an extremely early bronco reservation holder.

I spoke with someone who works at the Ford Michigan assembly plant who said there are engineering/design flaws with the tops. They leak after being removed. A change has supposedly already been made for attachment points on the following ‘22MY trims. There have also been reports of technical glitches with the trail turn assist and electronic sway bar disconnect features during ride along events.

The process with my Jeep order has been orders of magnitude easier and more transparent than it was with ford.

The process with my Jeep order has been orders of magnitude easier and more transparent than it was with ford.

Here's the pics of my 392 @ Jeep Fest in Dallas. Shown w/the BesTop Trektop Ultra Slantback Soft Top. I'm selling the Soft Top. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Attachments

• top1.jpeg
    top1.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 272
  • Top2.jpeg
    Top2.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Top3.jpeg
    Top3.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 269
Here's the pics of my 392 @ Jeep Fest in Dallas. Shown w/the BesTop Trektop Ultra Slantback Soft Top. I'm selling the Soft Top. If anyone is interested, let me know.
I am interested in buying your BesTop Trektop Ultra Slantback Soft Top for my 392 that I anticipate to be at the dealer within 10 days. Why are you selling the top? Price? Can email [email protected].

Last edited:
I am interested in buying your BesTop Trektop Ultra Slantback Soft Top for my 392 that I anticipate to be at the dealer within 10 days. Why are you selling the top? Price? Can email [email protected].
I just emailed you from my work email. Hopefully your reply won't get hung up in my spam folder. Just let me know on here when you reply so I can be looking for it.

Back