• Since Jeep392.com offers no protection or formal mediation, we strongly recommend that members not choose payment forms such as Zelle, Venmo, CashApp, PayPal "gift", "Friends", "Family" payments or cash payments. These methods do not permit formal recourse via the payment system in case of disputes. Always be cautious when making a purchase over the internet!

Brand New 392 For Sale, Selling At MSRP

JWrangler

Founding Member
Reaction score
Sitting on our showroom floor ready to go home with You!

Located In Dayton Ohio,
Dave Dennis CDJR, Ask for Jason Williams
Call or text 937-671-7668- I can also send pics and window sticker

2021 Jeep Wrangler 392
Black on Black
Freedom Top
Trailer-Tow Package
Dual Door Group with Premium Uppers
Hardtop Headliner
Gorilla Glass
Doors off Mirror Kit
LT285/70R17C BSW M/T Tires
Integrated Off-Road Camera

MSRP $82,585

Last edited:
Why would someone pay $5k over MSRP when the Rubicon 392's with Xtreme Recon packages have started being built as of just a few days ago? Multiple purchases and less profit per purchase are worth more than a single purchase at a higher profit for many reasons. Stop acting like these are unique. Sell them at MSRP at the most. Does everyone realize how much dealerships are making even just selling at MSRP? It's thousands of dollars. I had a problem with my first build and am actually happy because I reordered and am now getting a Rubicon 392 with Xtreme Recon package. It started building today and was price protected so I didn't pay the increase in base price and some of the options while waiting.

Last edited:
Why would someone pay $5k over MSRP when the Rubicon 392's with Xtreme Recon packages have started being built as of just a few days ago? Multiple purchases and less profit per purchase are worth more than a single purchase at a higher profit for many reasons. Stop acting like these are unique. Sell them at MSRP at the most. Does everyone realize how much dealerships are making even just selling at MSRP? It's thousands of dollars. I had a problem with my first build and am actually happy because I reordered and am now getting a Rubicon 392 with Xtreme Recon package. It started building today and was price protected so I didn't pay the increase in base price and some of the options while waiting.

Make sure you call, text, or email these other dealers that are $10,000-$20,000 over as well. Just to let you know the Recon Package isn't even available to order right now. Thank you for your input. Also, did you see the bringatrailer.com listing? Go through the comment section.

There are too many to call. I just think the more we all agree to pay these ridiculous prices the more dealers will ask for them. If everyone says no to purchasing way above MSRP then the dealers will soon change. But it has to be everyone. As long as their are some consumers that don't care that they are overpaying, then it will keep happening. Addendums are the same thing now, charging for interior protection that's a joke, it's warranted for like a year. The ceramic coating they claim to add is a joke also. Dealerships don't do ceramic coating, their are specialty places for these types of things. But if they can't get you on the price, they will surely try to get you with an addendum. I just hate that it happens but I also realize it's about supply and demand and some just don't care what they pay. Consumers that did loans on an inflated price will also be upset when their equity is far less than they thought in a few years. I'm not sure whether or not you can order a Rubicon 392 with Xtreme Recon package right now, perhaps they are waiting for 2022 models. But it's a fact that the 2021 Rubicon 392 with Extreme Recon package has begun building. It was supposed to begin in middle of August and kept getting pushed back. This is accurate information from a reliable source. Perhaps today was the first day but they have started.

Last edited:
My dealer actually showed me their actual build sheet on my unit, including all their costs, holdbacks, etc. I can tell you there is a 10% markup on MSRP from their actual cost. They are making GOOD MONEY even selling at MSRP... there is NO REASON to pay above that.

Here we go again. Just love these dealers that act like they are doing us a favor by charging ONLY $5k ADM. They can charge what they want, but collectively we should ignore them and not feed the beast.

Paid 8k under sticker for mine. It's robbery to charge over and stupidity to pay over.

What dealer did you purchase at? Are you willing to share the sales contract? Thanks.

What dealer did you purchase at? Are you willing to share the sales contract? Thanks.
It is a Michigan dealership. I got full affiliate pricing. There is a spreadsheet out on one of the forums (I can find the link to it) that has a list of all sold 392s and what dealership and options and what it sold for related to sticker. there are a lot that have sold for 1k-2k under sticker and about a dozen that sold for full 8k (maximum affiliate pricing). You can find mine pretty easy on the list if you compare to my profile.

Make sure you call, text, or email these other dealers that are $10,000-$20,000 over as well. Just to let you know the Recon Package isn't even available to order right now. Thank you for your input. Also, did you see the bringatrailer.com listing? Go through the comment section.
Ordered my new '22 with the XR package 10 minutes ago. Dealer took more than $5,000 off MSRP. Lakeland Florida. He said today was the first day he could order '22's.
SHOjeep

You can see from that spreadsheet that a vast majority have gone for msrp. And reputable high quality dealerships are offering at msrp or something less. I suspect most of the discounts are to affiliates or preferred customers.

Yeah, I first ordered a 2022 Jeep 392 Xtreme Recon package and the dealer in Chicago wanted to add $2K markup, so I called another dealer and they happily did it for the MSRP (which already includes a markup).

Here’s the most recent transactions at auction on used 2021 392s. This is the reason dealers ask over MSRP. They can easily just take their allocated cars to auction and turn a nicer profit and not have to deal with Mr. I did my research. On the other hand some dealers would like to keep certain customers happy and coming back so you may see some even discount their car. Why they would in this market is beyond me but that’s to their discretion. Don’t expect them to give away their car to a customer out of their market area.

Attachments

• 3B96A756-1B6F-47D5-9F35-5429BC0D6304.png
    3B96A756-1B6F-47D5-9F35-5429BC0D6304.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 297
  • CD9654A7-141F-4322-8B14-84A8BB4259E5.png
    CD9654A7-141F-4322-8B14-84A8BB4259E5.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 121
Here’s the most recent transactions at auction on used 2021 392s. This is the reason dealers ask over MSRP. They can easily just take their allocated cars to auction and turn a nicer profit and not have to deal with Mr. I did my research. On the other hand some dealers would like to keep certain customers happy and coming back so you may see some even discount their car. Why they would in this market is beyond me but that’s to their discretion. Don’t expect them to give away their car to a customer out of their market area.

Hey @Elmagodetoyota - welcome to the forum!

Before you revive a 4-month-dead thread to white knight for dealers charging over MSRP, I would invite you to take a few minutes to browse the forum and familiarize yourself with what's been happening here in the past many months. There are several trusted dealers here moving a ton of units for up to (and over) 10% off MSRP, for customers all over the country. Most of us here understand exactly how a POC works, and trusted dealers provide them without even being asked. Almost everyone in this forum is "Mr. (or Ms.) I Did My Research", and we're all here to help one another out, and share our love of jeeps.

You say you understand why "some dealers would like to keep certain customers happy and coming back", but that you don't understand "why they would [do this] in this market", andddd maybe that's all we need to know about you as a dealer yourself.

I would encourage everyone reading this to do their research and get the best deal they can, and to foster relationships with dealers who prioritize trust and transparency. I would also invite anyone looking for a 392 (or any vehicle) to ignore the all-too-familiar dealership sleaze talk that @Elmagodetoyota demonstrates above.

Happy Jeeping! :)

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back