Bought My Rubicon 392 Off the Lot Today!

606Rubi392

Founding Member
Reaction score
I bought a fully loaded 2020 Rubicon w/ skytouch in February 2020 and loved it every minute I had it. I had not heard about the 392 until late 2020, else I would have waited. Having recently gone through the trauma of ordering a 2020 C8 convertible (16 month wait and pushed into the 2021 model year b/c of CV19, strikes and supply chain issues), I was not willing to go through the ordering process again. I wanted one, was determined to buy one close to what I wanted (black or snazz w skytouch), and snatch one from dealer stock.

4 dealers told me I was crazy. That if I got lucky enough to find one that was available for whatever reason, I would pay $10k to $20k over MSRP. If that was the case, I would wait till the hysteria passed and more were available.

Well, today I found one 45 miles from my house - black w/sky touch. Beautiful.

Sounds too good to be true, but not only did I get it at MSRP ($78k) I got an incredible trade-in offer for my 2020 Rubicon (apparently there’s a shortage and mine only had 9k miles). I got only $6k less than I paid for it new.

I’m glad I didn’t give up and not quite sure what my story indicates other than the hype-cycle may not be what you always hear.

Attachments

• 8B060940-DF78-4639-BC74-CFEAC1A08DDF.jpeg
    8B060940-DF78-4639-BC74-CFEAC1A08DDF.jpeg
    970.5 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
That is great to hear you found one on the lot. They seem to be scarce, so enjoy your new ride.

I bought a fully loaded 2020 Rubicon w/ skytouch in February 2020 and loved it every minute I had it. I had not heard about the 392 until late 2020, else I would have waited. Having recently gone through the trauma of ordering a 2020 C8 convertible (16 month wait and pushed into the 2021 model year b/c of CV19, strikes and supply chain issues), I was not willing to go through the ordering process again. I wanted one, was determined to buy one close to what I wanted (black or snazz w skytouch), and snatch one from dealer stock.

4 dealers told me I was crazy. That if I got lucky enough to find one that was available for whatever reason, I would pay $10k to $20k over MSRP. If that was the case, I would wait till the hysteria passed and more were available.

Sounds too good to be true, but not only did I get it at MSRP ($78k) I got an incredible trade-in offer for my 2020 Rubicon (apparently there’s a shortage and mine only had 9k miles). I got only $6k less than I paid for it new.

I’m glad I didn’t give up and not quite sure what my story indicates other than the hype-cycle may not be what you always hear.

Congrats @606Rubi392 🍻 I'm amazed you were able to find one on the dealer lot that was available at MRSP! Let us know what you think after you get some time behind the wheel.

Since u had the 2020 with the skytouch & went to another one does that mean u didn't have any problems (leaks) with it? Bn wondering how they hold up & not seen much info or reviews on them

Congrats @606Rubi392 🍻 I'm amazed you were able to find one on the dealer lot that was available at MRSP! Let us know what you think after you get some time behind the wheel.
Thanks. I have a walk-around video I'm trying to put together if I can figure out iMovie. My dealer in Shorewood, IL (Tyson Motor) says they have more coming that are unspoken for and do not sell above MSRP. Ask for Brian.

Since u had the 2020 with the skytouch & went to another one does that mean u didn't have any problems (leaks) with it? Bn wondering how they hold up & not seen much info or reviews on them
I have never had a leak and I had this in gale force storms, with salt-water pelting it for hours at the Jersey shore. The only thing I'd recommend is adding the HotHeads ceiling liner (which I took off of my trade-in). This helps reduce the road noise when the roof is closed and it's much better using the hands-free phone.

I have never had a leak and I had this in gale force storms, with salt-water pelting it for hours at the Jersey shore. The only thing I'd recommend is adding the HotHeads ceiling liner (which I took off of my trade-in). This helps reduce the road noise when the roof is closed and it's much better using the hands-free phone.
Awesome thanks for the info!!

Back