Borla's 392 Exhaust

My borla is flaking as well, what info did you need when you called? Im not sure if I still have the warranty card
I registered my exhaust as soon as I received it.
sent pics, shared objective opinion in a constructive manner.
that was pretty much it.

When these were first introduced they were advertised at over $4K, I haven't followed them since then but where can a person get a Borla 392 exhaust for $2.7K? Pictured is what I went with, stock exhaust with RH Skid plate and powder coated exhaust tips.View attachment 19079View attachment 19080View attachment 19081
I bought very soon after it was commercially available.
Not once did I see it near $4k. Everyone on here, or just about everyone who bought the Borla, didn’t even pay the MSRP of $3300.

Attachments

• 67E3AEBF-CAA6-4D4B-8F5E-C39E6BFA0924.jpeg
    67E3AEBF-CAA6-4D4B-8F5E-C39E6BFA0924.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 36
I bought very soon after it was commercially available.
Not once did I see it near $4k. Everyone on here, or just about everyone who bought the Borla, didn’t even pay the MSRP of $3300.
Thanks

Yeah, I love a nice loud great sounding exhaust but I also don't want to be a douche either. Fine line between having a bad ass exhaust and just being an ass....
So true.. I live in an area where daddies buy their kids porches and m3s and they but shitty noise makers on everything

Thought to share. my weekend project.
Like many of the people experiencing paint flaking on the exhaust tips of their Borla’s I decided to fix it myself as some have suggested to DIY spray paint.
With the little experience I have in spray painting I went ahead and took my time masking off and isolating the whole area surrounding the cat back.
Got two rustoleum high heat cans (2000F), one primer and the other the ceramic paint flat black.
Started off by sanding (800 grit) those few peeled spots and cleaning up the loose paint around them.
Then applied the primer 3 coats.
1 hour+ later applied the ceramic coat, 4 coats.
2 hours+ later started the curing as per directions from rustoleum.
And voilà, very satisfying to see the end result for very small cost.
should’ve taken more photos along the process, however here is the end result!
58CD321F-CEFB-4C21-A0CE-26F3891F60E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Like many of the people experiencing paint flaking on the exhaust tips of their Borla’s I decided to fix it myself as some have suggested to DIY spray paint.
With the little experience I have in spray painting I went ahead and took my time masking off and isolating the whole area surrounding the cat back.
Got two rustoleum high heat cans (2000F), one primer and the other the ceramic paint flat black.
Started off by sanding (800 grit) those few peeled spots and cleaning up the loose paint around them.
View attachment 31237
We'll done! Keep us posted on the result over time.

View attachment 31237
This is how I did my Borla on the GC SRT. I used my pics from that project to share with Borla, indicating I don’t understand how my garage job on ceramic outlasted their in house fab work. Same motor, similar exhaust as the GC was also fit with an ATAK model. I recall tagging them at the time, San sure enough, they went back and looked at my IG post. Here’s the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 16
Wow all this should be warranted. For such an overpriced assortment of bent pipes this should not happen. Sorry for those that are stuck fixing yourself.

Wow all this should be warranted. For such an overpriced assortment of bent pipes this should not happen. Sorry for those that are stuck fixing yourself.
They replaced mine, sent me new muffler back, I asked them to send me it unpainted. It’s in the shop now getting powder coated.

They refunded me 50% as they didn’t have any units in stock and were on back order at the time.

This is how I did my Borla on the GC SRT. I used my pics from that project to share with Borla, indicating I don’t understand how my garage job on ceramic outlasted their in house fab work. Same motor, similar exhaust as the GC was also fit with an ATAK model. I recall tagging them at the time, San sure enough, they went back and looked at my IG post. Here’s the pic.
nicely done!! How well is it holding?

It lasted at least 4 years. I traded it for the JL392 and it was still intact at that time with no flaking.

Back