Borla's 392 Exhaust

Is this the best price anyone has found on these? Seems good, but I was thinking there was a forum vendor who might have been a little lower.
It’s the best I’ve found.

Thanks for the write up!

One of my favorite things about the stock exhaust is deceleration in off-road+.

Down in 2nd or 3rd gear, coasting up to a light around 20mph, I just love the rumbles and gurgles it produces.

Im curious if you have any feedback on what that’s like with the Atak? It seems to be the one thing people skip over in their videos and descriptions. 🙂

I agree. Pops and burbles are louder and crazier. I love it. Also the decel in or+ from higher speeds where it does full fuel shut off sounds cooler. You can sometimes touch gas pedal during decel and it will set off the popping. Just ridiculous 😀

I agree. Pops and burbles are louder and crazier. I love it. Also the decel in or+ from higher speeds where it does full fuel shut off sounds cooler. You can sometimes touch gas pedal during decel and it will set off the popping. Just ridiculous 😀

Ohhhh good to hear. Thanks again for the feedback!

Now if I could only find a black Atak…😢

Ohhhh good to hear. Thanks again for the feedback!

Now if I could only find a black Atak…😢
Received an update my black ATAK ships in 2 weeks.

Installed my polished Atak today from JustBoltOns. FedEx shipping sucked immensely. The first of two packages arrived on Friday even though the update I originally got showed it was delayed until Saturday. It required a signature and the second package was no where to be found until JustBoltOns provided me with the updated tracking info. It arrived on Saturday with no explanation why it got separated other than it was just delayed. That package also required a signature, so I had to waste two days waiting around for packages to arrive.

The system itself is amazingly well built…. But for the price, you’d think they would come with new actuators as opposed to having to remove the factory ones from the stock system.

If you’re planning on going with Borla you’ll need a pick to remove the tiny c-clips that hold the actuators to the original system (be careful with the pick because there’s two tiny plastic bushings on the underside of the actuator shaft). Other than that the install is relatively simple and straightforward. It’s also a good idea to get yourself an exhaust hanger removal tool to expedite the process.

The system sounds amazing and I honestly think it’s better then the Atak I installed on my TRX. Like other posters have said it sounds way better in quiet mode and amazingly deep and throaty in loud mode. Highly recommend Borla… @Johnny@JustBoltOns was super helpful in tracking down the second box and providing me with the tracking info. It just sucked that FedEx split the order over two days.

Attachments

• DBB4FE6A-CC0B-4168-A842-73D8F5DB2102.jpeg
    DBB4FE6A-CC0B-4168-A842-73D8F5DB2102.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 91
  • 7F146F29-8609-4BEE-AE96-C3BD251F91AD.jpeg
    7F146F29-8609-4BEE-AE96-C3BD251F91AD.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 91
Glad we were able to get you squared away! That fit and finish on the Borla blows away the OEM look.

So much better seeing and hearing that setup from the rear of the Jeep than the factory, at the very least they should’ve given it some good looking tips like Borla did.

I’ve been debating and honestly the only thing I don’t like about the Borla system is their big logo. Very noticeable when looking from the back.

I’ve been debating and honestly the only thing I don’t like about the Borla system is their big logo. Very noticeable when looking from the back.
I felt the same about the AFE on my JKUR.
I think I’m going to rivet something there. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just received an update.
ATAK Black Tip
ordered 9-19-22
ETA to ship 11-18-22

They told me they make 28 at a time.
Their oldest order that has not shipped yet was from August 18th.
They are currently back ordered by 78 units (Black ATAK).
I’m in the next couple of production runs.

This, essentially makes my Base model 392 more rare than an XR 392. 🤣

Just received an update.
ATAK Black Tip
ordered 9-19-22
ETA to ship 11-18-22

They told me they make 28 at a time.
Their oldest order that has not shipped yet was from August 18th.
They are currently back ordered by 78 units (Black ATAK).
I’m in the next couple of production runs.

This, essentially makes my Base model 392 more rare than an XR 392. 🤣
That's crazy long wait! We have been getting customers ordering the Chrome and just getting the tips done locally instead of waiting as we have those in-stock.

That's crazy long wait! We have been getting customers ordering the Chrome and just getting the tips done locally instead of waiting as we have those in-stock.
I did that with the ATAK on the GC. I had it ceramic coated, flat black. It started to flake off around 4 years/30k miles.

Finally pulled the trigger on the ATAK in black! Ordered it early Monday morning through Northridge 4x4, looks like it has shipped out and on its way to arrive tomorrow, to bad I’m one of the last stops for UPS at around 8pm. I didn’t realize Northridge had a rewards point system, had enough points for a pretty good discount. Lucked out and got the last one in black.

Finally pulled the trigger on the ATAK in black! Ordered it early Monday morning through Northridge 4x4, looks like it has shipped out and on its way to arrive tomorrow, to bad I’m one of the last stops for UPS at around 8pm. I didn’t realize Northridge had a rewards point system, had enough points for a pretty good discount. Lucked out and got the last one in black.
How much did you pay?
I recall they were over $3k when I checked.
I paid $2660.

So do we all agree with the borla the low boomy resonance of the oem open valves is decreased?

How much did you pay?
I recall they were over $3k when I checked.
I paid $2660.
$3005. They had it listed for $2998, I had some points from their reward system which knocked off most of what I paid in sales tax.
Their stock numbers have always been pretty accurate so I figured I’d buy from them instead of waiting who knows how long.

Last edited:
Back