Borla's 392 Exhaust

Was DMing with them on Instagram.

They plan to release late may / June.
ok, good to know. Magnaflow says early order now with June deliveries, but I don't care for the sound generated.

:(

Attachments

• Borla Exhaust.JPG
    Borla Exhaust.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Borla Exhaust 2.JPG
    Borla Exhaust 2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 105
Anyone have an idea what the increased flow will translate to HP wise?

Definitely interested in joining in the group buy. Prefer the ATAK.

Anyone have an idea what the increased flow will translate to HP wise?
If it was anything like the ATAK I had on my GC SRT, they claimed about 27 HP. Negligible and hardly noticed on a 5k# vehicle. Sounds great though.

I continued to modify the GC. headers, heads, injectors, ECM/tune, intake, full exhaust, etc. Then it woke up and made a difference.

Pricing is listed on the Borla website now. I would have been interested in the ATAK series in black but $3,400 is well beyond what I would be willing to spend.

None the less, it is available for anyone that has been waiting! (y)

Capture.JPG

Pricing is listed on the Borla website now. I would have been interested in the ATAK series in black but $3,400 is well beyond what I would be willing to spend.

None the less, it is available for anyone that has been waiting! (y)

View attachment 5740
Look forward to hearing feedback on system. Particularly if it is still near silent in quiet mode (which I like). Louder in loud mode would be fine, but really I can't imagine that it sounds $3k better to me. Likely gonna stick with the very nice stock exhaust unless people on here really come out and hype it up with first hand experience.

Look forward to hearing feedback on system. Particularly if it is still near silent in quiet mode (which I like). Louder in loud mode would be fine, but really I can't imagine that it sounds $3k better to me. Likely gonna stick with the very nice stock exhaust unless people on here really come out and hype it up with first hand experience.
I feel the same way. I love Borla’s sound and have had their exhaust on a lot of vehicles (currently on the wife’s Grand Cherokee SRT), so I wanted to hop on the bandwagon, but for $3k+, I really can’t imagine it sounds that much better than the stock system. This might be one of the best sounding stock systems I’ve heard and the “stealth mode” as I call it is absolutely perfect, so if the Borla is a lot louder with the valves closed, we will lose half of the beauty of the factory system IMO. If the reports are all amazing and the consensus is that the quiet mode is still quiet, I’ll consider it, but at this point, I’ll wait for the early adopters to review. The only issue is that confirmation bias is going to make all of those people say “it’s the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard” simply because they are subconsciously trying to justify their investment.

I feel the same way. I love Borla’s sound and have had their exhaust on a lot of vehicles (currently on the wife’s Grand Cherokee SRT), so I wanted to hop on the bandwagon, but for $3k+, I really can’t imagine it sounds that much better than the stock system. This might be one of the best sounding stock systems I’ve heard and the “stealth mode” as I call it is absolutely perfect, so if the Borla is a lot louder with the valves closed, we will lose half of the beauty of the factory system IMO. If the reports are all amazing and the consensus is that the quiet mode is still quiet, I’ll consider it, but at this point, I’ll wait for the early adopters to review. The only issue is that confirmation bias is going to make all of those people say “it’s the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard” simply because they are subconsciously trying to justify their investment.
Isn't that your own confirmation bias kicking in?

No. And that just means you don’t understand how it works. 😂

Insert eye roll.

Back