Black 392 in Nashville for sale

JD37064

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
Sarge Green 392, Porsche 911 GTS
I ordered a Jeep Sarge Green 392 a few weeks ago, and today a black one arrived at the dealer, so my salesperson Joe called me and asked if I knew anyone looking for one. As of tonight it's not sold. It's located at Franklin Jeep Dodge in Franklin, TN if anyone is interested. I'm not affiliated with the dealership in any way.....just helping to connect a potential Jeep owner looking for one in stock!

I ordered a Jeep Sarge Green 392 a few weeks ago, and today a black one arrived at the dealer, so my salesperson Joe called me and asked if I knew anyone looking for one. As of tonight it's not sold. It's located at Franklin Jeep Dodge in Franklin, TN if anyone is interested. I'm not affiliated with the dealership in any way.....just helping to connect a potential Jeep owner looking for one in stock!
His # is 615-609-6869

Interesting they are showing up on lots for sale - we were told they were order only... 🤷🏼‍♀️

Interesting they are showing up on lots for sale - we were told they were order only... 🤷🏼‍♀️
Folks ordered them - when they came in some dealerships then magically want $10k over MSRP. The orderee walks away and dealership has to sell it. Not saying that’s what happened in this particular situation - but what I described is occurring frequently.

I have seen and called many dealerships (over 15) posting Rubicon 392s on autotrader. Dealerships are pulling some shady tricks and using “technical difficulties” of using the autotrader website as a reasoning for posting these Jeep’s at $5k under MSRP, and then attempting to bait and switch you to a vehicle $15k higher. In fact, I’ve already written certified letters to one dealership and the BBB asking them to cease and desist this practice.

Mine is on order in D status, when my comes in if they try charging me a penny over msrp I will walk away from the deal.

Last edited:
Folks ordered them - when they came in some dealerships then magically want $10k over MSRP. The orderee walks away and dealership has to sell it. Not saying that’s what happened in this particular situation - but what I described is occurring frequently.

I have seen and called many dealerships (over 15) posting Rubicon 392s on autotrader. Dealerships are pulling some shady tricks and using “technical difficulties” of using the autotrader website as a reasoning for posting these Jeep’s at $5k under MSRP, and then attempting to bait and switch you to a vehicle $15k higher. In fact, I’ve already written certified letters to one dealership and the BBB asking them to cease and desist this practice.

Mine is on order in D status, when my comes in if they try charging me a penny over msrp I will walk away from the deal.

Ya, I’m fairly certain that would be illegal. Interesting thought process. Our dealer specifically told us many are selling for 10 - 15K over MSRP and they are NOT. I’d guess - once you have your order sheet w/ a cost - any different cost would be illegal. We’ll see -

Ya, I’m fairly certain that would be illegal. Interesting thought process. Our dealer specifically told us many are selling for 10 - 15K over MSRP and they are NOT. I’d guess - once you have your order sheet w/ a cost - any different cost would be illegal. We’ll see -
That's what I've been hearing, too. At least all of the calls I've made(over 30) have been $10k+ over sticker for any of the ones showing they are on the lot. I was a little disappointed but not surprised. My buddy that works at a dealership, showed me a book value for a $71k MSRP TRX the other day and the wholesale/trade-in value was around $105k and the retail value for was $120k.......INSANE. The market is crazy right now and I read that the semiconductor shortage could last all the way until 2023. I'm just hoping I can get my hands on a 392 before they come out and say they aren't making them anymore, because if it goes the way of the TRX......the retail value on used ones are probably going to be $100k as well.

That's what I've been hearing, too. At least all of the calls I've made(over 30) have been $10k+ over sticker for any of the ones showing they are on the lot. I was a little disappointed but not surprised. My buddy that works at a dealership, showed me a book value for a $71k MSRP TRX the other day and the wholesale/trade-in value was around $105k and the retail value for was $120k.......INSANE. The market is crazy right now and I read that the semiconductor shortage could last all the way until 2023. I'm just hoping I can get my hands on a 392 before they come out and say they aren't making them anymore, because if it goes the way of the TRX......the retail value on used ones are probably going to be $100k as well.
I finally just ordered one from the Greater Austin, TX area - I live in TN. They have assured me several times I will only have to pay MSRP + TTL. So it's Looking like a road trip for some Texas brisket and a 392. They updated me recently and said my had moved to D status along with 2 others that were ordered at that dealership a couple months before mine. I hope that means they are starting another production run and I'm only a couple of months away from the V8 roar!

Agreed! The only "real" ones for sale on Autotrader etc are the ones openly priced at $10K over MSRP (or more). I saw one listed for $108K....that's insane. I got mine at MSRP but I have to wait my 10-12 weeks or whatever. Hopefully they don't nosedive in price like some other vehicles that get a premium when they first come out, although AMG63 Wagens are still selling for $40-$60K over MSRP even if you order one and they've been out for almost 2 1/2 years now.

Call and order from Hutto Tx if they have an allocation.. or anyone that’s not marking them up that has an allocation. Do a phn order -travel to pick up -

I finally just ordered one from the Greater Austin, TX area - I live in TN. They have assured me several times I will only have to pay MSRP + TTL. So it's Looking like a road trip for some Texas brisket and a 392. They updated me recently and said my had moved to D status along with 2 others that were ordered at that dealership a couple months before mine. I hope that means they are starting another production run and I'm only a couple of months away from the V8 roar!
Where did you order from? Maybe mine is one they are referring to 🙏🏼

I ordered mine on
Monday from a dealer allocations in Arlington, Texas. MSRP no ADM.
Got a VIN number on Tuesday and went to D status.

We ordered ours there too. No mark up. That’s great - LOVE working w/ Preston. Hope you enjoy your trip here to pick it up when it comes in.
Yup I ordered mine from Preston too. Lol. Cant wait to get some Texas Brisket!!

When I picked mine up today, the dealership owner said it breaks his heart to sell for the agreed amount of 2.5k over MSRP. He said he could easily get 40k over MSRP and is now his asking price for any new allocations. He said I could turn around and sell it for 50k over what I paid easily. I’m not so certain of any of this BS.

When I picked mine up today, the dealership owner said it breaks his heart to sell for the agreed amount of 2.5k over MSRP. He said he could easily get 40k over MSRP and is now his asking price for any new allocations. He said I could turn around and sell it for 50k over what I paid easily. I’m not so certain of any of this BS.
I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone that is going to pay $40k over msrp - that’s approaching engine swap territory. I doubt a bank is willing to finance a vehicle at $40k over msrp as well.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find someone that is going to pay $40k over msrp - that’s approaching engine swap territory. I doubt a bank is willing to finance a vehicle at $40k over msrp as well.

I agree. I have watched Two 392 Rubicons on Ebay that have sat without selling for about two months. That specific one was a little over $100k. Price dropped to $95k about two weeks ago an it's still not selling. The other one is $97k. There are now four 392 on Ebay (even one with a start bid of $75k) and not a single bid.

Back