BDS Dual Fox steering shocks on stock 392

Smith392

Reaction score
Current Rides
Rubicon 392
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts here. I recently purchased a 392. Still running stock lift and stock 33 inch tires. Plan is to continue to do so as this is my daily driver and commuting on highways to and from work at 70mph for 25 miles each way. Jeep handles quite well, but wondering if I could tighten it up by installing dual BDS fox shocks for additional steering control. Wondering if others have insights into my ability to do this on a stock lift and running stock 33‘s? Not sure if I need more lift to install. Also, if others have other ideas to add to steering stability, any ideas are appreciated.

Last edited:
I exchanged the stock stabilizer for a Fox Steering stabilizer. I have Nitto 37s on 20x10-18 bronze fuel Rebels, very heavy setup. I drive it like a race car….it just begs to go fast, I’m pretty certain all the guys on this forum who have taken delivery will absolutely agree with that. The single Fox stabilizer tightened it up enough for me. I drive through some narley construction every day and i noticed a real difference after the stabilizer was upgraded. However, it handled just fine before I went to 37s….so if you aren’t going with bigger tires, wheels etc then I feel the stock stabilizer is adequate for everyday driving, racing, crawling, being a total douche bag like myself sometimes. Just my 2 cents.

I exchanged the stock stabilizer for a Fox Steering stabilizer. I have Nitto 37s on 20x10-18 bronze fuel Rebels, very heavy setup. I drive it like a race car….it just begs to go fast, I’m pretty certain all the guys on this forum who have taken delivery will absolutely agree with that. The single Fox stabilizer tightened it up enough for me. I drive through some narley construction every day and i noticed a real difference after the stabilizer was upgraded. However, it handled just fine before I went to 37s….so if you aren’t going with bigger tires, wheels etc then I feel the stock stabilizer is adequate for everyday driving, racing, crawling, being a total douche bag like myself sometimes. Just my 2 cents.
With your experience before and after, do you believe the new Fox shock stabilizer tightens control on the road so you don’t have to give as much input to the steering wheel to stay centered in your lane? I plan to stay with the original wheels and tires but am looking for a bit more precise steering control on the road.

I did notice it helps with it some but did not take all of the slack out. A stabilizer isn’t really designed to address that.

i was thinking of adding the dual set up as well for my stock set up. So anyone that has insight would be great. Will it hurt anything?

Greatly appreciate the responses here. Purchased the single fox upgrade today and will install in a few days. Will post thoughts here after running a bit.

Greatly appreciate the responses here. Purchased the single fox upgrade today and will install in a few days. Will post thoughts here after running a bit.
About two weeks ago I took my 392 to an Off-Road shop to have dual Fox stabilizers installed with a BDS bracket kit. It was ordered for a regular JL Rubicon assuming it would fit. The brackets would not work because the 392 has a much thicker/stronger steering bar that would rub on the passenger side shock bracket. So, now I am ordering a single FOX stabilizer to replace the factory one. Maybe there is a dual stabilizer bracket kit that will fit a 392, but my Off-Road shop could not find it.... Hope this helps someone from wasting a lot of time like I did.

Part number please for Fox stabilizer shock?
Plus any modifications necessary for the changeover?
Thanks

I love your set up.. just ordered my 392 non xr.. two questions… 1. Do you have an xr or non xr? 2. Did you need a lift to run your 37’s? Thank you.

I didn't do fox but did the falcon adjustable and have been happy with the result

I love your set up.. just ordered my 392 non xr.. two questions… 1. Do you have an xr or non xr? 2. Did you need a lift to run your 37’s? Thank you.
Mine is a nonXR…XR wasn’t available yet. I put 37x13.5x20 the day I drove it off the lot. I had it like that for over a year with no issues. The only rubbing was on the back inner fenders on big road dips and only with people or extra weight in the Jeep. I did a fender chop and put AAL inner fenders, no more rubbing after that. I don’t rock climb it. It is lifted now only because the struggle not to spend money on it is real. RockKrawler 2.5 with Fox 2.5 DCS reservoirs.

Back