🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/466CPuu 🎁

Base MSRP Goes up by 2,695?

agjr200hp

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 392 XR White w/half doors (est. ship 5/13; ordered 1/23)
I have a quote on 1/12 with base MSRP of 74,400. I asked for a requote to add in the head liner and now base MSRP is 77,095.

What gives?

I have a quote on 1/12 with base MSRP of 74,400. I asked for a requote to add in the head liner and now base MSRP is 77,095.

What gives?
I’d say inflation is soaring, cost of materials and shipping have skyrocketed over past several months. Not to mention most dealerships are tacking on premiums over MSRP of $5k-$15k. Doesn’t seem right but supply and demand dictates premium, inflation is a real issue that hopefully subsides soon.

Crazy world we are all living in.

I’d say inflation is soaring, cost of materials and shipping have skyrocketed over past several months. Not to mention most dealerships are tacking on premiums over MSRP of $5k-$15k. Doesn’t seem right but supply and demand dictates premium, inflation is a real issue that hopefully subsides soon.

Crazy world we are all living in.
I understand all that but what a kick in the balls. By a couple of days?

it hasn't changed on-line from what i can tell.

What gives?
They normally include the Destination Fees ($1,595) on top of the MSRP ($74,800), this was what I got when ordered back in December.

They normally include the Destination Fees ($1,595) on top of the MSRP ($74,800), this was what I got when ordered back in December.
They sent me the break down, it was def. a price increase.

Working with dealer now.

Hi Friends - Just placed an order through the great team at Chapman in Horsham, PA. Yes, my order cited MSRP as $77,095 as well. Plus, some other option prices went up as well as compared to the Jeep build site, e.g. the Gorilla Glass was roughly doubled.

I just priced a 22 on the build site with the same options as my 21. It was only $995 more. Not bad considering the inflation that is happening everywhere. The base 392 is showing 74,640. When I got mine base was 73.500. Where is the +2K coming from?

Last edited:
When I ordered my 21 on Oct 6 the dealer said the price was a couple hundred more than the Jeep website. Only thing that matters is what's on the dealers computer. Also, granite was not available on the website when I ordered it but they did it. Jeep public site is just a guide.

What gives?
It’s probably inflation. I just received a letter today from my insurance company stating that my Windstorm (Hurricane) Damage Insurance premium increased 6.5% from last year; I’m assuming due to increased costs for building materials and labor. Likewise, it probably costs more to build a 392 as well.

You mean the dealer has access to colors that are not on the Jeep build site? Oh man! While I ordered the color I wanted (Hydro Blue), I would’ve like to have the Granite or Snazberry option which was not on the build site. Oh well!

You mean the dealer has access to colors that are not on the Jeep build site? Oh man! While I ordered the color I wanted (Hydro Blue), I would’ve like to have the Granite or Snazberry option which was not on the build site. Oh well!
Yep. Granite and billet silver were both gone from the public website for a couple of weeks before I ordered my granite 392 that is sitting on the ground in the rail yard waiting a truck to my dealer.

Edit: Now that I think of it, granite, silver, and snazz we all gone from the public site when I ordered. I started thinking I needed to look for one on a lot because they were my three top choices.

Last edited:
I understand all that but what a kick in the balls. By a couple of days?

it hasn't changed on-line from what i can tell.
Maybe look for another dealership

Hi Friends - Just placed an order through the great team at Chapman in Horsham, PA. Yes, my order cited MSRP as $77,095 as well. Plus, some other option prices went up as well as compared to the Jeep build site, e.g. the Gorilla Glass was roughly doubled.
They are my dealer too. Wanted 20 k over msrp Dec 2020. Bought mine at a nj dealer at msrp. Took delivery last April. 3 months ago they wanted 10 k over msrp on two units sitting outside showroom.
Looks like they learned some supply and demand lessons. Love service dept. on my 6 th and hopefully last Wrangler. If there’s a 7 th it won’t be from Chapman. Was a sales customer over 10 years. Happy you got a good deal.

They are my dealer too. Wanted 20 k over msrp Dec 2020. Bought mine at a nj dealer at msrp. Took delivery last April. 3 months ago they wanted 10 k over msrp on two units sitting outside showroom.
Looks like they learned some supply and demand lessons. Love service dept. on my 6 th and hopefully last Wrangler. If there’s a 7 th it won’t be from Chapman. Was a sales customer over 10 years. Happy you got a good deal.

Chapman did good by me. In stock vehicles were mostly 10k or more over msrp.
However if ordered .. well under. As has been stated before.. they honored the 4% under invoice and everything went smoothly. Was around 9-10% under msrp at the time of order

What is the rationale behind discounted orders, but mark-ups on in-stock inventory?

What is the rationale behind discounted orders, but mark-ups on in-stock inventory?

Just going on a limb here.. its only a guess.

Dealer is only allocated so many to sell on their lot. They order those to sell when someone comes in looking and has to have it now. Hence the 10k mark up.

Other orders they cant get unless its a "sold order" to a customer. I imagine the more they sell the more they get allocated the following year. If someone backs out of the deal... they have it on their lot to sell at msrp or a mark up. I don't believe they're losing anything selling orders even if they're breaking even....since they get credit for selling it.
In Chapman's case they sell a LOT... .. even at $1k-$2k profit per vehicle... when you have 2000 plus orders... thats a lot of money.

Again... majority of this is only a guess.. I'm sure there's more to it.

Back