Authentic Mopar Performance Swing Gate Mounted On Board Air Compressor

Any idea where the power is coming from to power the air compressor?

Any idea where the power is coming from to power the air compressor?
No, the wires just join up wit the harness inside the tailgate and pass into the passenger side corner with the rest of them.

The compressor used by Mopar is similar with the single, not Twin ARB. The cost for that is around $230 (at NAPA according to google).

That's not to say that one is better than the other.

Good point! I saw $338 at NAPA, but regardless, that total cost is still lower than Mopar’s! Also, based on Guruman’s photos of the compressor specs by Mopar, it looks like the ARB single outperforms it right off the bat at 0 PSI (see images below).

ARB 12V Single Motor Compressor CKMA12

Screenshot 2024-01-11 155759.png

Mopar Performance Swing Gate Mounted On Board Air Compressor (P/N 82216486AF )

Screenshot 2024-01-11 155725.png

Just for perspective below is the ARB Twin Motor Compressor CKMTA12 (Incredible performance!)

1705006995707.png

I need a solution because being taller, I installed DersertDoesIt Seat Slammers on back of seats and Seat Jackers of front of seats. Much more comfortable position of factory seat, plus added head room. However, now I don't have room to mount air compressor under front seats.

When the weather here turns nicer, I was hoping to pick up an ARB Dual, and see if the 20a compressor location could be modified to put it in there.

If nothing else, a guy could fab up an entire new tire mount with just enough room for the ARB Dual.

Then I could use the factory power wire to control the ARB relay, and all of my 20a tailgate compressor controls would work.

I also suspect there might be room between the rear bumper and the muffler, tucked vertically up in there.

As an alternative to those, I saw a Jeep years ago (JK) where the owner put an ARB single inside the body behind each taillight, and wired/plumbed them together for better output.

Good point! I saw $338 at NAPA, but regardless, that total cost is still lower than Mopar’s! Also, based on Guruman’s photos of the compressor specs by Mopar, it looks like the ARB single outperforms it right off the bat at 0 PSI (see images below).

ARB 12V Single Motor Compressor CKMA12

View attachment 30049

Mopar Performance Swing Gate Mounted On Board Air Compressor (P/N 82216486AF )

View attachment 30050

Just for perspective below is the ARB Twin Motor Compressor CKMTA12 (Incredible performance!)

View attachment 30051
Did you still decide to get Mopars rear door Air Comp? I was looking at it also because it’s a factory setup. Then I found a nice one called Thor’s Lightning.

Did you still decide to get Mopars rear door Air Comp? I was looking at it also because it’s a factory setup. Then I found a nice one called Thor’s Lightning.
I still decided to get the Mopar version, I like the factory appearance and location more. There hasn't been any communication on a possible ETA though.

I have a 20A. The compressor is definitely NOT fast. But extremely convenient. Most of you that are price shopping are leaving out hoses and wiring and labor. All worth a lot. If you are going any bigger than 37” tires you will be disappointed. If not, get it, enjoy the convenience of it. And remember there is not a lot of room in the 392 storage compartment in the back.

The ARB + Kraken setup cost slightly more than the Mopar option. I have not actually seen the Mopar's compressor nor performance but I do like the factory look and not having to take up space under the seats or engine bay. I've got one on preorder and will try share more details and the install when I get it.

Epic Kraken Kit - $315
ARB Twin Compressor - $592 (Lowest I've seen)

Total $907​

I wish I had seen this thread sooner. One or two years ago I paid $500 cash for a new ARB twin at Jeep Beach.

With my tailgate table my factory reinforced tailgate was struggling with the weight so I went to the Tereflex unit, very nice. The ARB dual is quite heavy, if you are considering a tailgate mount for it keep that in mind.

Thank you for posting these pics! Curious: are you installing yourself or having the stealership do it?
No problem! I’ll be installing it my self and will try to document every step.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back