At least the Stellantis CEO gets it….

To do something just because everyone else is doing it is the oldest and worst argument to do something....the real question is should we? As well stated by Rscx4 and Yukon planning our transportation future on rare earth metals is only a setup for failure....."fossil fuels" will long be in abundance once the earth has be scoured for every ounce of lithium (or whatever unobtainium mineral the next battery is made out of) that can be found....but wait, those mines don't leave any green carbon capturing plants left - they wipe the earth bare! And, oh yes, we need more coal to power those "green" lithium battery powered vehicles......we humans are not rational but we do love to follow the pack.....Now, I'm going to be the first human to completely stop drinking water and drink only man made drinks with electrolytes(hopefully many will understand what that is referencing :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 🤪 )
And eat bigger sandwiches......now with more "molecules."

Anybody that likes idiocracy scores points in my book. Should be mandatory viewing for everyone as a part of their education. We are progressing faster than the movie predicted.....One of my favorite movies.

I have no problem with electric vehicles. Problem I have is that 60% of our electricity in the US comes from fossil fuels so electric cars don't do much to reduce pollution. Just a matter of where pollution is being released. They may reduce smog in cities........Agree with a lot of the above talk about cost of mining lithium, scarcity of rare earth metals, etc.

Our electric grid cannot support everyone driving EV's.

First thing I would do is get electric grid switched to renewables. Work on getting rid of natural gas and oil and switching to solar, nuclear, wind, hydro, geothermal, etc. Problem with that is the technology is not there yet and people are retards......In Hawaii they had morons complaining that the wind powered generators were killing bats....but they weren't sure why.....My guess is that the blades were hitting them, but who knows?

Our electric grid cannot support everyone driving EV's.
Agree, we need a major upgrade to our electrical grid. Honestly we just need that, EV's or not. Our infrastructure is long overdue for upgrades.

I think all of this, everyone’s comments on here, is reaffirmation of the problem I’m seeing… right now, Stellantis is the only major manufacturer not out there soap boxing saying they will be “all electric” by 2030 or shortly after. This is why I laud Carlos Tavares for “getting it.”

He suuuuuuuucks. I'd never own a Tesla just bc of him. I'd like to see Ford, Chevy, and Jeep become bigger players just to take market share from him.
I’m not going no own any EV bc of him unless they really force me to. He’s the one who started it, he’s the one who takes the most profits and I guess he’s the one who has governments in his pockets now.

I’m not going no own any EV bc of him unless they really force me to. He’s the one who started it, he’s the one who takes the most profits and I guess he’s the one who has governments in his pockets now.
Na he didn't start it. The GM EV1 pre-dates Tesla. Buying from any other manufacturer doesn't benefit him at all. But yea, he sucks.

Na he didn't start it. The GM EV1 pre-dates Tesla. Buying from any other manufacturer doesn't benefit him at all. But yea, he sucks.
Interesting, I‘ve never heard about GM EV1, I guess they were only available in the US. That’s right, he wasn’t first, EV‘s have been invented long time ago, AFAIR one of the first automobile ever made was electric. Anyway, he’s the one who invested a lot of money to push them to the market, make them popular and forced the entire switch-to-ev process.

Musk didn’t even invent the first Tesla (or any models thereafter) He bought the company from Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. The electric car dates all the way back to the 1800’s.

😁 cheers!

***edit*** He didn’t “purchase” the company but seeded the funds to bring their vision to market. Then he continued purchasing “ownership” by increasing his stock shares

Last edited:
Musk didn’t even invent the first Tesla (or any models thereafter) He bought the company from Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. The electric car dates all the way back to the 1800’s.

😁 cheers!
I hate Musk but he came in like 6 months after the company was formed.

I wont switch until they become reliable … The only thing electric I have is a lawnmower and weed-eater!! :cool:I cant imagine being stuck in the mtns at 9k feet

I wont switch until they become reliable … The only thing electric I have is a lawnmower and weed-eater!! :cool:I cant imagine being stuck in the mtns at 9k feet
Also, the thought of one igniting in the garage and burning the house down is not appealing. Apparently if a couple batteries take a dump and start overheating, it spreads to surrounding batteries and badness ensues.

Last edited:
I think all of this, everyone’s comments on here, is reaffirmation of the problem I’m seeing… right now, Stellantis is the only major manufacturer not out there soap boxing saying they will be “all electric” by 2030 or shortly after. This is why I laud Carlos Tavares for “getting it.”
And this is why, after working for GM (as an engineer) for a decade, I am now, more than ever, on the Stellantis (mother Mopar) wagon. I have little respect for the current leadership at GM (and the CEO is a former GM engineer, so let that sink in), and Ford lost me decades ago. Carlos is the only one not toting the Company (government) line on EVs and against ICE vehicles. Nobody is talking about the many other alternative fuels that are being developed for our current billions of ICE vehicles already. The line is that doing away with “oil” means none of the current tech will work, that is an outright lie and they know it. The whole push to EV has a very sinister backstory that none of us fully understand, but to say it has “geopolitical” roots would be an understatement.

Back