Anyone out there purchase half doors (separate from jeep order) without keyless entry, BSM, and/or premium uppers?

dog

Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Current Rides
'22 392 XR ordered Jan 21 2022 -------------- Picked up Aug 22 2022!
Let's talk about keyless entry, BSM, and premium uppers on the half doors. I see this in two ways:
  1. We've got 392s with all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't want to buy half doors without the keyless entry, BSM, and premium uppers because I would feel I making a compromise that would bother me a little bit
  2. Who cares about keyless entry and BSM? I'm gonna be running half doors and they're gonna look/feel amazing whether they have these convenience features or not. Especially given how difficult it can be to find some in the right color... I should jump on any that I find and be happy I have them!
On the one had I've never ever cared about "fancy" features on any jeeps, especially before the 392. My JK was entirely devoid of creature comforts and I loved the hell out of it and beat the hell out of it! On the other hand, now that I've got an expensive and shiny new vehicle with leather heated seats, cameras, and other tech - I would feel like I was letting her down a bit to not hold out to find the *exact* set of features that would maintain the "premium" in the build.

At the end of the day, it's been so difficult trying to find half doors that I won't have to get painted that I'll probably settle for a set of 4 in sarge green, and just be happy with them. But some part of me still cares about trying to make them exact matches to my feature set, as nit-picky as that might sound.

Anyone have any takes on this?

If you side with #2… these aren’t a bad option:

I do like the proximity entry even though I generally share your opinion of technology in a Jeep. I have said for years I dont want a new Jeep, the only reason I have a JL is the 392. I do lock my half doors, makes them harder to steal.

Reactions: dog
Back