Anyone having issues with CarPlay disconnecting from iPhone

MY TLDR at this point: avoid the USB ports in the armrest, and always use Apple cables.

So just to update on this, I've been using both port 1 (USB-C and USB-A) with Apple original cables without problem. The ones in the armrest disconnect with any cable, apple or not. And port 1 disconnects with non-apple cables that work in all other cars I've tried.

As for the armrest ports: Jeep is really screwing up here if the software in the car is activating Apple CarPlay when you plug into them....and then eventually failing. Further, the manual as shown above is ambiguous. It says you can play music through that port, and of course when you plug in your phone to that port, the Jeep chooses to activate CarPlay, and then the music doesn't work because the Jeep loses the connection. Pretty messed up. Just avoid it if you have the same problem.
TOTALLY agree! Same here.

Mine initially did the same thing but my dealers service department was able to correct it. They haven’t released the paperwork to me yet but I will post as soon as I get it. I’m using my arm rest port for CarPlay with an aftermarket cable and it isn’t dropping anymore….I do have other issues, volume not consistent with radio and CarPlay. Still dropping reverse lines, outside passenger reverse parking sensor is jacked up. Service manager told me like others on this forum that an automatic update is being worked on. I’m not sure if it will address all problems. Uconnect is pretty much garbage compared to every other vehicle I’ve owned with an infotainment system.

Reactions: cgr
For those having issues with UConnect.

Thanks for that, updated mine with the JL Tazer still married. Everything works fine for now and I finally have consistent backup lines.

Back