willy

Admin 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
'23 RAM TRX
Who's upgrading to aftermarket wheels?

I plan to move my JK after market wheels to my new 392 and change 33's to 35's. Fortunately I have saved all my factory JK wheels, tires, bumpers, everything. The only items I can transfer to my 392 JL will be the aftermarket wheels, my Warn winch, and my on board air compressor. Not sure if I want to install after market bumpers on the 392 since it comes with steel bumpers. Wondering if JL after market bumpers will even fit on the 392 because of changes they made to reinforce the frame/suspension on the front. Open to anyone with thoughts on this.....

I plan to move my JK after market wheels to my new 392 and change 33's to 35's. Fortunately I have saved all my factory JK wheels, tires, bumpers, everything. The only items I can transfer to my 392 JL will be the aftermarket wheels, my Warn winch, and my on board air compressor. Not sure if I want to install after market bumpers on the 392 since it comes with steel bumpers. Wondering if JL after market bumpers will even fit on the 392 because of changes they made to reinforce the frame/suspension on the front. Open to anyone with thoughts on this.....
I've got the Poison Spyder front and rear "Bruizer" bumpers I'm going to have installed. I don't anticipate any issues but can definitely let folks know once completed. My 392 is due to be delivered to the dealership in 2 weeks. I'm going to get all my goodies (wheels, tires, winch, bumpers and power rock sliders) installed over the weekend of 5/1.

Also if anyone has a plan for recalibrating the speedometer for 35s and up, I’d love to hear it. I’m not sure if the JLTazer or anything similar is ready for the 392. I’m expecting an extra ticket or 2 per year already.

Another question that has impact on whether I go to larger tires is what that will do to the performance of the vehicle? As in how much slower 0 to 60?

Also if anyone has a plan for recalibrating the speedometer for 35s and up, I’d love to hear it. I’m not sure if the JLTazer or anything similar is ready for the 392. I’m expecting an extra ticket or 2 per year already.
That's a good question. I'm waiting on the JL Tazer to be programmed for the 392. Until then, I guess I'll be rolling with a speedo out of calibration. I'm reaching out to them now to get an ETA.

Just spoke to one of the owners @ JL Tazer. He said their current model will work with the 392s for calibration. They will add a future software release but that will be a free download as always.

Back