AFE Cold Air Intake

Nice keep us posted cause if the headers reduce overall heat I prob would do them
Pausing on the headers.
Probably ask Santa for those.
Or the Chreaster Bunny.

Nice keep us posted cause if the headers reduce overall heat I prob would do them
I’ve also been looking at hood vents.
Wanting to retain the hydro glide, and do vents somewhere.
Likely be cutting the hood. 🤓

Looks like a nightmare to try so I'm leaving that alone and where you at in co
Yeah, I’ve scoured that hood and can’t find a good location.
May be dependent on fender liners (vented).
Near Denver.
But I’m the hills every weekend.

Considering this type, only because they’re the only vents I can find that are contoured.

Attachments

• B040F686-A2F7-46C8-B967-02673D4C9A76.jpeg
    B040F686-A2F7-46C8-B967-02673D4C9A76.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 28
Yeah, I’ve scoured that hood and can’t find a good location.
May be dependent on fender liners (vented).
Near Denver.
But I’m the hills every weekend.

Considering this type, only because they’re the only vents I can find that are contoured.
Could work the only concern I have is the inner structure of the hood on the sides and I'm in the springs what color you have mine is hvy

Could work the only concern I have is the inner structure of the hood on the sides and I'm in the springs what color you have mine is hvy
Same…
That’s why I haven’t cut yet.
I’ve been watching temps while off road at elevation. I’m surprised how stable it is. Still, more air flow is better. Particularly when crawling above 8500’.

I have Sting Gray
You might see me at the gun shows down there.

Same…
That’s why I haven’t cut yet.
I’ve been watching temps while off road at elevation. I’m surprised how stable it is. Still, more air flow is better. Particularly when crawling above 8500’.

I have Sting Gray
You might see me at the gun shows down there.
Nice great color you sell them or collect them

Jeep spent so much time getting air to the engine they must of spaced out getting hot air out.. such as hood vents or fender liner vents or how about making the fake fender vent real..
Jeep already makes a few factory hood vents for the JL..
question is where do you put the vents as Hydro Glide takes up most the hood real estate..
back in the day the Jeep 5.9 Grand Cherokee actually had functional hood vents...
my thought would be to save the 392 hood swapping it out for a factory Jeep JL vented hood along with vented front fender liners..
revamping the engine air intake in the process..
trust me you will never see water rushing into the hydro glide on my Jeep except with a garden hose.
Yes those would be cool to have but where in the world would you put the intake at there's no room for anything 🤔 you couldn't put it the engine bay because of heat then that also defeats the purpose

Jeep spent so much time getting air to the engine they must of spaced out getting hot air out.. such as hood vents or fender liner vents or how about making the fake fender vent real..
Jeep already makes a few factory hood vents for the JL..
question is where do you put the vents as Hydro Glide takes up most the hood real estate..
back in the day the Jeep 5.9 Grand Cherokee actually had functional hood vents...
my thought would be to save the 392 hood swapping it out for a factory Jeep JL vented hood along with vented front fender liners..
revamping the engine air intake in the process..
trust me you will never see water rushing into the hydro glide on my Jeep except with a garden hose.
I considered splitting the hydro glide to channel air to the intake and to move air through the engine bay.

Wouldn’t take much to remove a couple flaps, I bet they’re wide open at Highway speeds..
Your probably right so I would say it probably sucks in hot air anyway with fresh air

Looking at the rugged ridge snorkel, I believe that can be modified to evacuate hot air. Add in a 12v centrifugal fan connected to a thermostat. On the hunt for a used one to start cutting it up and playing around.

Attachments

• 4BEFFF98-280F-4B2A-8B9B-9B32885FA5CF.jpeg
    4BEFFF98-280F-4B2A-8B9B-9B32885FA5CF.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 42
The thought of taking a sawsall to the 392 hood keeps me looking towards other solutions..
I was staring at the hood and engine bay there's really no options there

The thought of taking a sawsall to the 392 hood keeps me looking towards other solutions..
No need to cut anything. Swap the cowl, remove the foam gasket and run the RR “intake”.

It seems that the AFE makes some mid range gains based off a recent dynk onJL forum

Back