AEV 392 XR…

@Tree that thing just keeps looking better in every photo! By far my favorite build I’ve seen in 35 years of Jeep’n!

And good call on the interior! What you can see of the roof looks super sweet. Wish Jeep would just offer a color matched dash already! I love that look!

Speaking of dash, is there a good aftermarket option that isn't just cheap plastic? Does anyone make an aluminum or carbon fiber or other type of insert?

The Salta XR’s are on fire. I have a Sarge Green 392 XR on the way and switching the wheels to these bad boys will be my first mod. They look great on your rig.
Thank you, I had Pintlers on my other for 7 years. I liked them, but the Saltas stole the show for me this time.
Thank you.✌🏼

@Tree that thing just keeps looking better in every photo! By far my favorite build I’ve seen in 35 years of Jeep’n!

And good call on the interior! What you can see of the roof looks super sweet. Wish Jeep would just offer a color matched dash already! I love that look!
Thank you Sir,
I appreciate it. I’m looking so forward to getting her home!✌🏼

Did they replace all of the fox shocks? hard to see in the wheel wells.... looks awesome!!

That is an Awesome looking 392! Is AEV finally selling the lift for the 392’s?

That is an Awesome looking 392! Is AEV finally selling the lift for the 392’s?
Head on over to AEV and check out their parts section…
Thanks for the kind words.✌🏼

Been a while since I've owned a jeep. Got the itch again and went to the AEV site. Saw yours and thought it was for sale. Actually called your dealer on it, who told me it was sold and then today found this forum and stumbled on the thread of your car. Perfect build. Rookie question: If you are going with AEV upgrade what is the benefit (if any) of the XR package? Can't seem to figure out if thats something I should be ordering or not. Thanks for any help as I think through this...

Been a while since I've owned a jeep. Got the itch again and went to the AEV site. Saw yours and thought it was for sale. Actually called your dealer on it, who told me it was sold and then today found this forum and stumbled on the thread of your car. Perfect build. Rookie question: If you are going with AEV upgrade what is the benefit (if any) of the XR package? Can't seem to figure out if thats something I should be ordering or not. Thanks for any help as I think through this...
The benefit for me was factory warranty on 4.56 gears. This is my 3rd AEV, I had a 2012 with V6, traded for 2014 5.7, daily drove for 7 years. This is the final offering with a factory V8 and I wanted everything I could get with this one. AEV has been phenomenal in their customer care and I’ve never had any major issues with their products.
My 2014 blew the 4.56 gears and I paid $2700 for gear replacement. The XR package is $3995… for me, it was money well spent.
Good luck with your build.✌🏼

The benefit for me was factory warranty on 4.56 gears. This is my 3rd AEV, I had a 2012 with V6, traded for 2014 5.7, daily drove for 7 years. This is the final offering with a factory V8 and I wanted everything I could get with this one. AEV has been phenomenal in their customer care and I’ve never had any major issues with their products.
My 2014 blew the 4.56 gears and I paid $2700 for gear replacement. The XR package is $3995… for me, it was money well spent.
Good luck with your build.✌🏼
ahhh... thanks. I didn't see that there was a gear upgrade involved as well. Los Angeles dealers are still out of their minds with pricing on these so I'll be looking out of state to order and get it to AEV. My dad had a bunch of AEV parts on 2012 as well and the quality was great so looking forward to having some fun here. I'm of the same mindset... the 392 is a unique bird and likely the last of its kind. Worth me coming back from the euro world (land rovers) to own one this special.

Great looking AEV. I was just at the facility today taking a look at some of their 392 builds. I have a ‘22 392 on order and have decided to upfit it with the Jl370 package. Quick question for you, sorry if this has already been answered but why did you order the Xtreme Recon pack if you were doing the AEV package? Just curious given that AEV re-gears themselves, take the 35s off, etc. I actually ordered mine with Recon but am removing it from the order after deciding to proceed with the AEV package. Thanks!

Edit: I just saw the post above mine, was the factory 4.56 gear warranty the only reason?

Great looking AEV. I was just at the facility today taking a look at some of their 392 builds. I have a ‘22 392 on order and have decided to upfit it with the Jl370 package. Quick question for you, sorry if this has already been answered but why did you order the Xtreme Recon pack if you were doing the AEV package? Just curious given that AEV re-gears themselves, take the 35s off, etc. I actually ordered mine with Recon but am removing it from the order after deciding to proceed with the AEV package. Thanks!

Edit: I just saw the post above mine, was the factory 4.56 gear warranty the only reason?
It’s not just the 4.56 gears… AEV does a lot of “extras” that I have enjoyed on my past AEV Jeeps.
The folks at AEV aren’t just a typical “install shop”… they actually use their Jeeps for the same things I like to do with mine. Sure, I can join the “mall cruisers” that just want to look good, but when the situation arises where I need to use my Jeep for what it was intended/built for… I have zero reservations about doing so.
My Jeeps have taken me through some pretty precarious situations… deep rivers, creeks, snow, rocks (I avoid mud like the plague)… 13K+ feet up on the side of mountains in Colorado and deep into the back country of Montana on a regular basis…. and knowing I have the best equipment for my money spent, allows me the comfort of knowing that unless I do something outrageously irresponsible/stupid… my Jeep is going to bring me home without fail.
I’ve had many different “lifts” over the years and most of the vehicles that I’ve built with aftermarket lifts, parts etc always “felt/feel” like it was an “afterthought”.
AEV does it “right” and when you drive one, you will instantly know this to be true.
My wife can testify that the ride is phenomenal, the handling is like a sports car, my AEV doesn’t have “body roll” like most “lifted” Jeeps… it will literally “drift” around a corner @ 65 mph if I want it to… and is as stable on/off road as an H1 Hummer.
There are a lot more things I can say about AEV, but I don’t want this to turn into an “advertisement” campaign… to each their own, and I understand everyone’s budget is different, but I have learned over the years that investing in quality parts is the best option for me for the longevity of my vehicle, and my safe return back to civilization.
I like to fish, I am also a pilot. I like to fly into the back country and land on gravel bars… do a little fishing, have a sandwich and see the occasional bear, then leave.
One day I drove my jeep to a remote location where I have landed before… there was a bush plane stuck on a gravel bar because it was very soft. I used my Jeeps winch to pull him back onto stable ground where he could takeoff and get out of there.
The look on his face was priceless when he looked up and saw my Jeep.
Lots of Jeeps equipped with a winch could have helped him… but I like to think that my AEV equipped JK at the time had a lot to do with that “back country” rescue!💪🏼😎
Good luck on your decisions, holler if I can answer any questions moving forward.
Thanks for the kind words.
Tree

Reactions: pkf
It’s not just the 4.56 gears… AEV does a lot of “extras” that I have enjoyed on my past AEV Jeeps.
The folks at AEV aren’t just a typical “install shop”… they actually use their Jeeps for the same things I like to do with mine. Sure, I can join the “mall cruisers” that just want to look good, but when the situation arises where I need to use my Jeep for what it was intended/built for… I have zero reservations about doing so.
My Jeeps have taken me through some pretty precarious situations… deep rivers, creeks, snow, rocks (I avoid mud like the plague)… 13K+ feet up on the side of mountains in Colorado and deep into the back country of Montana on a regular basis…. and knowing I have the best equipment for my money spent, allows me the comfort of knowing that unless I do something outrageously irresponsible/stupid… my Jeep is going to bring me home without fail.
I’ve had many different “lifts” over the years and most of the vehicles that I’ve built with aftermarket lifts, parts etc always “felt/feel” like it was an “afterthought”.
AEV does it “right” and when you drive one, you will instantly know this to be true.
My wife can testify that the ride is phenomenal, the handling is like a sports car, my AEV doesn’t have “body roll” like most “lifted” Jeeps… it will literally “drift” around a corner @ 65 mph if I want it to… and is as stable on/off road as an H1 Hummer.
There are a lot more things I can say about AEV, but I don’t want this to turn into an “advertisement” campaign… to each their own, and I understand everyone’s budget is different, but I have learned over the years that investing in quality parts is the best option for me for the longevity of my vehicle, and my safe return back to civilization.
I like to fish, I am also a pilot. I like to fly into the back country and land on gravel bars… do a little fishing, have a sandwich and see the occasional bear, then leave.
One day I drove my jeep to a remote location where I have landed before… there was a bush plane stuck on a gravel bar because it was very soft. I used my Jeeps winch to pull him back onto stable ground where he could takeoff and get out of there.
Lots of Jeeps equipped with a winch could have helped him… but I like to think that my AEV equipped JK at the time had a lot to do with that “back country” rescue!💪🏼😎
Good luck on your decisions, holler if I can answer any questions moving forward.
Tree
Thanks for the thoughtful reply! I like you am addicted to the quality and comprehensive nature of their packages. I've always felt that AEV are truly OE quality and unmatched compared to the few competitors out there and no doubt are superior to doing piecemeal builds. I've had a 10th Anniversary Rubicon with AEV add-ons, 2 fully built AEV JK350s with their 5.7 and 6.4 conversions, and I currently own their one-off Sand Glow painted JL370 SEMA build vehicle. Having decided to go for the 392, I realized it could not be without their upfit! Have done some lighter off-roading with all of them but really need to get into the thick of it like you. Great stories!

Nice looking AEV you got there. I was starting to think I had the only one so far!! Everything you said I can second that. Best driving lifted Jeep I’ve driven. Love the quality of AEV. You need to add the JL Taser now! Enjoy!!

Attachments

• 447F2E80-09BD-46B6-97A8-820B7378BEB9.jpeg
    447F2E80-09BD-46B6-97A8-820B7378BEB9.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 264
  • E9DA348F-6203-44DB-8B40-D9C3F70FDF04.jpeg
    E9DA348F-6203-44DB-8B40-D9C3F70FDF04.jpeg
    587.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 64F3F7BD-EA77-4300-801D-8744652A1030.jpeg
    64F3F7BD-EA77-4300-801D-8744652A1030.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 11992F07-A22D-4C6D-AA41-32E1A04ED01C.jpeg
    11992F07-A22D-4C6D-AA41-32E1A04ED01C.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 0A550879-119D-433E-A50B-A5AFED2775FF.jpeg
    0A550879-119D-433E-A50B-A5AFED2775FF.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 4C88BC26-56F0-4FA8-802F-4210871ACC08.jpeg
    4C88BC26-56F0-4FA8-802F-4210871ACC08.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 309
  • EBF56D31-EB22-49A9-9345-1888823357BE.jpeg
    EBF56D31-EB22-49A9-9345-1888823357BE.jpeg
    384.8 KB · Views: 243
Tree
I am in the same decision process. Go with the XR option or let AEV do the 370 package with it or just add some of the options AEV offers like the bumpers. I wonder if they would suggest keeping the stock XR wheels and tires with the dualsport 2.5 lift. I may not do 37’s. I understood the AEV regear to 4.56 is also warranty covered through Jeep. I would be ordering from Jeep and then taking to AEV. Just not sure of the XR order or letting AEV do it. I might be wanting to sell my 21 392 that was unfitted from AEV with the 370 package as well as about 3-4k of extras (skid plate light bar, fuel caddy, rear light,) thanks

Back