Active Valves Check Engine Light - Anyone else?

Johnny@JustBoltOns

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Jeep 392 Wrangler Hydro Blue
Have any of you thrown a Check Engine light for the Active Valves?

We have been throwing it on and off for the last few thousand miles. We had IGLA installed around the same time but don't think that had anything to do with it. Now I'm not so sure.

1665796880132.png

Only Russians call them IGLAs. The rest of us call them SAMs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The saga continues, it’s been at a Jeep dealer since Tuesday and they fixed the the above codes but now it’s a throwing an air / fuel ratio issue code that keeps coming back.

Anyone else have this code thrown yet? P219B

It was originally throwing an engine oil temp and coolant temp bad sensor code prior to this as well.

Attachments

• 6BFAF130-25BE-47D4-958C-5B4BF6197921.jpeg
    6BFAF130-25BE-47D4-958C-5B4BF6197921.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 11
So many random codes. Did they inspect the wire harness and see if it’s damaged? I know there’s a thread on the forum about damaged wiring in the engine bay causing random codes.

I would check all grounds. Inside engine compartment: battery, studs in passenger side inner fender and engine block.

So many random codes. Did they inspect the wire harness and see if it’s damaged? I know there’s a thread on the forum about damaged wiring in the engine bay causing random codes.
I would check all grounds. Inside engine compartment: battery, studs in passenger side inner fender and engine block.
Thank you, waiting on a response from them. The Service Advisor is not keen on call backs or keep us informed. I will definitely run this by them.

We got it back yesterday evening and we were told it was good to go. That was not the case, check engine light is back on this morning as my fiance took it to work. I guess they have 3 more tries before we seek the lemon law.

We got it back yesterday evening and we were told it was good to go. That was not the case, check engine light is back on this morning as my fiance took it to work. I guess they have 3 more tries before we seek the lemon law.
How modified is your 392?

This bites. Hopefully they check all electrical plug connections, at least the major ones.

If you need help with the lemon pm me, I did two back to back, didn't have to even raise my voice. All I did was lay the docs on the counter

This bites. Hopefully they check all electrical plug connections, at least the major ones.
Thank you! They apparently fixed it after the 2nd visit, we'll see in a week! Jeep has been good at covering the ubers/lyfts as they had no rentals to give us nor did the dealer set one up for us on either occasion smh.

They wouldn't replace the thermostat on the first visit even though they told us it was probably that, wasting more of our time. Apparently the active valves issue was a glitch and there's nothing wrong with that, we'll see. Was hoping to retain them when we swap exhaust systems but not sure now.
If you need help with the lemon pm me, I did two back to back, didn't have to even raise my voice. All I did was lay the docs on the counter

I will definitely keep that in mind! Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 3.46.51 PM.png

And the light came back today. So now to get it back to dealer after the holidays. Once more I guess they will have to buy it back. 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• 5FFE7D14-8433-4324-9AEB-B692530E7D03.jpeg
    5FFE7D14-8433-4324-9AEB-B692530E7D03.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 16
  • D6AB6C9D-57F4-4D1F-A3B1-E5003163E5B1.jpeg
    D6AB6C9D-57F4-4D1F-A3B1-E5003163E5B1.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Angry
Reactions: RJP
Back