A Pillar Mounts

CPT Papa

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
Cherokee TH
That is one beautiful and functional installation CPT!

Yesterday I just spoke with Baja Designs regarding the issue of the side – lighting of the LP4s when mounted on the A Pillars. I can see from the photos that you placed a beautiful carbon fiber blocker on the inside edge of the light. Baja Designs' suggested using vinyl tape and said that it should not melt but your solution is much better. Please let me know when your mounting and light – blocking kit is available!
Thanks. I wish I had the time. Who knows, retirement is coming up soon. I do enjoy creating and carbon fiber is a joy to work with. I did some stainless projects on my boat and its a pita.
You got mad fabrication skills, @CPT Papa !
Looks great!
Thanks!
+1 I am IN for the purchase of the CPT Papa mount and blinders--just tell me where to send the $$$$ CPT. We are also both in SoCal! Now if my 11/1/21 392 order would just arrive! Of course, understand that many of been waiting for longer so I'm doing what I can to stay patient.
Congrats! When I ordered I was in no hurry to get it. It is my retirement car for the end of this year. I joined this forum and my patience and my wallet deminished.. Took exactly 100 days from order to delivery. Still installing the pile of parts I ordered while waiting.

Last edited:

PNW392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 JLU 392, 2018 Titan (midnight edition), 2015 Volvo V60, E36 Supercharged Dinan M3, 2018 Kawasaki BR125, 1957 Plymouth Belvedere
I just installed these by Morimoto - 4 banger combo ambers and A-pillar mount. Only been driving with them for a couple of days now. But so far so good. No vibrations, wind noise, etc. I like how they turned out. Caveat: I did have to source my own longer bolt. In the pic below the stock bolt is black, middle one is what the kit came with and the longer chrome one is what I needed. I just painted the top black to match. :)
Bonus: Morimoto credited me $50 due the incorrect sizing of the bolts and me having to source my own. Got to appreciate good customer service!

Attachments

• Morimoto_Apillar_light_closeup.jpg
    Morimoto_Apillar_light_closeup.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 89
  • Morimoto_Apillar_lights.jpg
    Morimoto_Apillar_lights.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Stubby antenna.jpg
    Stubby antenna.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Bolts for A-pillar.jpg
    Bolts for A-pillar.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 90

Ct_Formula

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 392XR Rubicon
Here are some more. Maybe the same problem though:

The Diode Dynamics cowl mounts will not fit, I bought them and tried. I went with a set of the Go Rhinos but I don't care for how the passenger side bounces quite a bit more than the drivers side

drummr25

Reaction score
Update: decided to change the mount that attaches the lights to the gorhino cowl mount. I painted the rigid industries brackets that come with the lights and attached to the gorhino. I personally like the look much better, but just my opinion.

View attachment 438
Love this setup! I actually just ordered those brackets because of this post. I've had Rigid lights on my JK (just sold over the weekend), and the quality is awesome. Which specific cubes did you go with? And are all 4 the same? I want a good driving/flood whatever light for dark backroads, but it might be cool to have one set be amber or something on a different switch. Thoughts?

OP
OP
C

cgr

Founding Member
Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Love this setup! I actually just ordered those brackets because of this post. I've had Rigid lights on my JK (just sold over the weekend), and the quality is awesome. Which specific cubes did you go with? And are all 4 the same? I want a good driving/flood whatever light for dark backroads, but it might be cool to have one set be amber or something on a different switch. Thoughts?
Thanks! They are all four the radiance pods with amber backlight. I also had rigid pods on my jk prior and loved them. They were not the radiance though. You do give up some lumens to get the backlight, but they do look pretty cool imho. Hope this helps.
Chris

robbys3m3

Reaction score
Current Rides
392, Glariator, TRX. Etc
I just installed these by Morimoto - 4 banger combo ambers and A-pillar mount. Only been driving with them for a couple of days now. But so far so good. No vibrations, wind noise, etc. I like how they turned out. Caveat: I did have to source my own longer bolt. In the pic below the stock bolt is black, middle one is what the kit came with and the longer chrome one is what I needed. I just painted the top black to match. :)
Bonus: Morimoto credited me $50 due the incorrect sizing of the bolts and me having to source my own. Got to appreciate good customer service!
Do we think lp4s would work with these mounts?

CPT Papa

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
Cherokee TH
Do we think lp4s would work with these mounts?
My opinion, the LP4s are to heavy for mounting with just the 2 top bolts on the cowl. The attachment below the cowl is thin guage steel spot welded and flexes easily. I made my A pillar mounts, posted above, and had to reinforce underneath the cowl to make it a solid mount.

Last edited:

buzzarr

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 392
o.k., so this is a search task as well as a warning. We need an a pillar light mount for the 392. The JL version will not fit, as the hood is a bit taller than a standard JL. Just tried the artec mount to find this problem. So...let us all know if anyone can find a true 392 a pillar mount. Thanks!
Chris

robbys3m3

Reaction score
Current Rides
392, Glariator, TRX. Etc
My opinion, the LP4s are to heavy for mounting with just the 2 top bolts on the cowl. The attachment below the cowl in thin guage steel spot welded and flexes easily. I made my A pillar mounts, posted above, and had to reinforce underneath the cowl to make it a solid mount.
Ok thx! On my gladiator the lp4s have been ok up there, but I'm understanding the mounts I have won't work on our 392 hoods

robbys3m3

Reaction score
Current Rides
392, Glariator, TRX. Etc
Just added lp4s to the a pillars. The BD mounts work with different bolts.

Attachments

• 20220906_144832.jpg
    20220906_144832.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 34

deanfromoregon

Reaction score
Current Rides
HD Street Glide, Rubicon 392
I got the KC A Frame mounts finally. I dunno, I agree with the lights across the top being even with the top of the rig for a square light bar, but I'm struggling with the look with these, it seems 4" or so on the low side. Road noise is still there, but I imagine it would be worse with a higher placement. My expectation in my mind was like the old "fall guy" truck, big bold KC lights on top of the roll bar kind of tall. I do realize that would be stupid in so many ways and this is likely technically superior. It may even grow on me.

Thoughts?

jeep.jpg

YukonCornelius

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
A Quarter Horse Named "Lex"
@deanfromoregon Oh hellz yes! I love the KC look! But then again, I’m old school!

Fall Guy? Absolutely! That looks great IMHO!

OP
OP
C

cgr

Founding Member
Jeep 392 of the Month
Reaction score
Speaking of Fall Guy and Six Million Dollar Man - if you're old enough... Had the opportunity to meet Lee Majors. Seems to be a really good dude, which is most encouraging in light of today's "stars".

2023 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors

StopwatchUSA.com Koons Jeep

Latest Discussions