392XR tail lights extension.

ATX392

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
XK
I am still waiting for my 392XR (Ordered on 07/03) and I have been wondering, can those tail light extensions be removed? Specially if I remove the fender flare extensions?

I am still waiting for my 392XR (Ordered on 07/03) and I have been wondering, can those tail light extensions be removed? Specially if I remove the fender flare extensions?
I captured this photo from a youtube video. It appears the extensions are add-ons to the stock tail lights so I’m guessing they can be removed to allow the stock tail lights to fit closer to the body. Must be a DOT requirement, like the fender flares.
tempImagePOFaxT.png

Last edited:

From what I remember hearing they are easily removable. As are the fender extensions.

What is the purpose of the tail light extensions?

Its a legal thing apparently. Theres some kind of measurement "triangle" that the taillights have to be visible from behind the vehicle. With the 35" spare they needed to be out a little further.

Yup… they’re “marker” lights that in some states must be within minimal tolerances of the widest part of the vehicle.

Extensions are for the "Blind Spot Detection Sensors" the Oracle lights have a provision to move them from the OEM light also. If you don't need them don't transfer them to the new lights.

Extensions are for the "Blind Spot Detection Sensors" the Oracle lights have a provision to move them from the OEM light also. If you don't need them don't transfer them to the new lights.
@RKKRAWL - I am planning on running 37’s on a non-XR 392 with an AEVJL370 package and was considering adding the fender extensions. So are the blind spot detection features defeated by the extensions?

Don't know mine is a non XR but am running 37s on 4.5 back spacing and so far no problems with the blind spot detection.

Don't know mine is a non XR but am running 37s on 4.5 back spacing and so far no problems with the blind spot detection.
@RKKRAWL -thanks for the info, just to confirm you still have the stock non-XR rear tail lights or did you install the extensions? I would prefer to no have those extended tail lights if they don’t interfere with the blind spot detection.

@RKKRAWL - I am planning on running 37’s on a non-XR 392 with an AEVJL370 package and was considering adding the fender extensions. So are the blind spot detection features defeated by the extensions?
No

Back