392s in the wild...

Of course they are different in height. I don’t think there is any debate. An XR has taller tires…. But there is no debate that they have the same amount of lift from the factory. This has been confirmed by Jeep repeatedly. All wranglers can be a little more or less lifted based on options and mileage.
Unless my eyes deceive me, the bumper, fender and top of the vehicles appear to be more than one inch which is all that you gain from going to 35" tires from 33".

Unless my eyes deceive me, the bumper, fender and top of the vehicles appear to be more than one inch which is all that you gain from going to 35" tires from 33".

XR has the same exact lift as non-XR. However, the shocks, springs, bump stops are different than non-XR.

I’ve been looking for one in the wild for almost two years in my home town. Found my first one today. I’m on the left. Picked mine up last week. View attachment 16056

XR has the same exact lift as non-XR. However, the shocks, springs, bump stops are different than non-XR.

Look at the attachment above, does that look like just one inch taller? Both appear to be stock from the factory. I'm not trying to be a pain or start an argument, just pointing out that the XR on the left appears to be taller than one inch, since the lift is supposed to be the same.:unsure:

Look at the attachment above, does that look like just one inch taller? Both appear to be stock from the factory. I'm not trying to be a pain or start an argument, just pointing out that the XR on the left appears to be taller than one inch, since the lift is supposed to be the same.:unsure:
It is probably photo angle. The xr could also sit higher than 1 inch due to springs. The lift is exact same though. Tire pressure could be different as well.

I have only seen one other around here and that was before I got mine and it was the GM of the dealership. I see a ton of Jeeps but not 392s a few other non 392 XRs.

Finally saw my first 392 in the wild since buying mine. Was driving my 392 on 770/704 just outside of Sandy Ridge, NC. Was on a two lane road in the middle of nowhere. Saw a silver 392 go by on the other side. Never have been so excited to see another vehicle on the road.

B61ABBEC-9E91-4FF2-A651-F9863945DE4A.jpeg

Not even noon yet and have seen two different firecraker red 392s today

Finally saw my first 392 in the wild since buying mine. Was driving my 392 on 770/704 just outside of Sandy Ridge, NC. Was on a two lane road in the middle of nowhere. Saw a silver 392 go by on the other side. Never have been so excited to see another vehicle on the road.
I was wearing green, you silver
1.2 years...and I've still yet to see one in my area.
What town or area are you in?

This evening I saw my 1st 392 other than my own since I moved to Raleigh area in NC 5 mos ago. Was a nice looking white non-XR heading eastbound on 540 just past 70.

Last edited:
I am on a roll this week
Slate Gray spotted in Flagler on Rt100 coming down the bridge at the pensiula. No pic, was oncoming, in motion… big ol smile on his face though 😎

I am on a roll this week
Slate Gray spotted in Flagler on Rt100 coming down the bridge at the pensiula. No pic, was oncoming, in motion… big ol smile on his face though 😎
Hey There! I believe that was me. I got a glimpse of a black 392 at the light. I've seen it parked at a auto repair facility in flagler Beach.

Hey There! I believe that was me. I got a glimpse of a black 392 at the light. I've seen it parked at a auto repair facility in flagler Beach.
Good morning!
I own the place next door
Nice Jeep dude
Cheers !

EC0D44A5-A4F8-482B-86A0-331160D7EE51.jpeg

Back