392s in the wild...

Uncommon Sense

Reaction score
Current Rides
Sting Gray 392XR
Just curious how often others see 392s? I am in Chicago and saw my first 392 in the wild. I was driving through Indiana and saw a non-XR Hydro blue cruising briskly down 65. Had the 1941 side stripe. Hydro blue looks great in low light. I love the Sting Gray I ordered but Hydro Blue keeps calling me too. I couldn't tell if it was on 33s or 35s. It looked kind of imposing.

Every time I think I see a 392, it turns out to be a Mojave.

I've seen one on the road in los angeles.... still a rare bird around here

I saw one in a garage in my friends neighborhood. The gold tow hooks are a clear giveaway.

I have seen three. 1st one i saw was right after i ordered mine. He was going the opposite direction on a four lane road. I had to see it in person. So i turned around a drove like a bat out off hell till i caught up with him. I followed him into a parking lot like a crazy stalker and pulled up next to him and talked to him for probably 20 minutes. He had nothing but great things to say about it. Now if mine would just hurry up and get here!!

I have seen three. 1st one i saw was right after i ordered mine. He was going the opposite direction on a four lane road. I had to see it in person. So i turned around a drove like a bat out off hell till i caught up with him. I followed him into a parking lot like a crazy stalker and pulled up next to him and talked to him for probably 20 minutes. He had nothing but great things to say about it. Now if mine would just hurry up and get here!!
I’ve seen 2 in Henderson Nv. One Sarge one Blue.

I've seen ONE in Galena IL since they came out. I look all the time and even troll dealer lots looking for them. The second one I saw (and first XR) was yesterday when I picked it up in PA. :)

The dealership I bought it from had at least one of every color in the lot.... a couple Durango Hellcats and several TRXs as well

None here in San Antonio…

The dealership I bought it from had at least one of every color in the lot.... a couple Durango Hellcats and several TRXs as well
How much are they asking? It appears to me if they have a bunch of them they are charging well over MSRP

How much are they asking? It appears to me if they have a bunch of them they are charging well over MSRP
10k over for any of them on the lot... 10k off msrp (4% under invoice) if you order one.
I figured out I have $20,000 worth of patience.

FWIW the majority of them on the lot were sold orders

Last edited:
Dang... a $20k variance. The laws of supply and demand hard at work...

Saw my second 392 in Indiana again. A sting gray that looked to be on 37s... maybe 40s. Looked like a beast.

Saw my second 392 in Indiana again. A sting gray that looked to be on 37s... maybe 40s. Looked like a beast.
Dang would've like to see that especially if it was 40's!

Dang would've like to see that especially if it was 40's!

I couldn't get a great look at it as I was on highway and it was probably three lanes over. I could tell it was a 392 from the hood bump and bronze (could see 392 badge). It looked massive next to all the other cars.

Havent seen one here in Colorado but if you are north of Denver keep a lookout for us in Tuscadero XR

Back