392 xtreme recon package

When I realized that the components of the XR package matched the upgrades that I wanted to do (better gearing, wider wheels, larger tires, tailgate reinforcement, max speed limit set higher, and that all of that would be covered by the factory warranty, I was sold on the option.

Pretty much this. Looking at just the cost of adding 35s to a non-XR made it an easy decision for me.

The only thing I got hung up on was how much worse already comical fuel economy is going to be with 4.56 gearing and larger tires. But, at the end of the day, if that’s really what was important, I would have bought a 4xe…

So far, my timeline has been:
7/12 - Order placed
7/21 - Order modified (added Trail Cam, which was not available to order at the outset)
9/28 (ish) - In D1 status (gate line) with a tentative ship date of 10/9
10/1 - In paint stage
10/4 - Paint completed, awaiting installation of additional options (per Jeep Chat), no dealer ETA and they couldn't confirm the ship date
Just heard from my dealer that my XR will be arriving at the main transport hub near San Antonio on the 16th and should be at the dealer on the 18th or 19th. It does seem like the 10/9 shipping estimate was accurate.

My window sticker also appeared yesterday on the Jeep site. That was the first tangible evidence that my Jeep exists, so that was kind of cool.

I’ve actually been impressed with how fast things have moved, once they started moving. Hopefully this means things are starting to free up and more will be delivered soon.

The only thing I got hung up on was how much worse already comical fuel economy is going to be with 4.56 gearing and larger tires
Forget where I read it (because of course I’m not smart enough to calculate it) but at 70 mph the RPMs are almost a wash versus standard gearing and 33’s… like 200 RPM so highway Mpg should remain about the same. Now red light to red light? That’s another story.

Forget where I read it (because of course I’m not smart enough to calculate it) but at 70 mph the RPMs are almost a wash versus standard gearing and 33’s… like 200 RPM so highway Mpg should remain about the same. Now red light to red light? That’s another story.
33's with 3.73 at 80 mph 1974 RPM
35's with 4.56 at 80 mph 2274 RPM

grimjeeper.com

Can anyone tell me accurate dimensions of a 392 with xtreme recon? Need length, width, height. These numbers seem very elusive for some reason and I’ve asked on other forums but people just seem to guess.

Can anyone tell me accurate dimensions of a 392 with xtreme recon? Need length, width, height. These numbers seem very elusive for some reason and I’ve asked on other forums but people just seem to guess.

Aren’t length and width on the latest tailgate plate?

Aren’t length and width on the latest tailgate plate?

Thanks! Amazing. That gives me length and width. Any ideas in height?

Thanks! Amazing. That gives me length and width. Any ideas in height?
You’re welcome. That’s where I’d be guessing. I haven’t seen a number.

The tires should add 1” but it’s unclear to me if the XR suspension has any additional lift. Maybe another inch, if anything?

Does the package still include he bronze color wheels for 2022 builds?

Has anyone had their 392 XR confirmed built yet? Ordered 8/24 no movement since.
Just received the notification mine has been changed to 2022 model year. Ordered 8/24. Guess it will be early next year arrival. This waiting stinks!

Just heard from my dealer that my XR will be arriving at the main transport hub near San Antonio on the 16th and should be at the dealer on the 18th or 19th. It does seem like the 10/9 shipping estimate was accurate.

My window sticker also appeared yesterday on the Jeep site. That was the first tangible evidence that my Jeep exists, so that was kind of cool.

I’ve actually been impressed with how fast things have moved, once they started moving. Hopefully this means things are starting to free up and more will be delivered soon.
Final update here: my XR landed at my dealer last night.

IMG_6168.jpg

Ultimately, my timeline was:
7/12 - Order placed
7/21 - Order modified (added Trail Cam, which was not available to order at the outset)
10/1 - In paint stage (per Jeep Chat)
10/4 - Paint completed, awaiting installation of additional options (per Jeep Chat)
10/7 - Shipped (estimated 10/9, so actually out a bit early)
10/24 - Landed at the Texas distribution hub
10/25 - Arrived at my dealer (photo above)

I'm trying to find some time to pick it up today, but that may push to tomorrow. I'm very excited and also considering myself very luck that I'll soon have keys in hand.

Final update here: my XR landed at my dealer last night.

View attachment 1753

Ultimately, my timeline was:
7/12 - Order placed
10/1 - In paint stage (per Jeep Chat)
10/4 - Paint completed, awaiting installation of additional options (per Jeep Chat)
10/7 - Shipped (estimated 10/9, so actually out a bit early)
10/24 - Landed at the Texas distribution hub
10/25 - Arrived at my dealer (photo above)

I'm trying to find some time to pick it up today, but that may push to tomorrow. I'm very excited and also considering myself very luck that I'll soon have keys in hand.
Are those bronze wheels. From the light they kind of look like the standard XR Wheels? And congrats. Waiting on mine still. White as well.

Are those bronze wheels. From the light they kind of look like the standard XR Wheels? And congrats. Waiting on mine still. White as well.

I saw a video of a 392 XR on youtube and the wheels don't look bronze like the are represented on Jeep.com

I saw a video of a 392 XR on youtube and the wheels don't look bronze like the are represented on Jeep.com

That’s frustrating. I guess I’ll upgrade my wheels and tires to 37” then and sell these. Actually upsets me. That’s a really bad misrepresentation and false advertising. They label them bronze, it isn’t just a color issue.

That’s frustrating. I guess I’ll upgrade my wheels and tires to 37” then and sell these. Actually upsets me. That’s a really bad misrepresentation and false advertising. They label them bronze, it isn’t just a color issue.

Yeah, they look nothing like on website. Just look like a matte silver to me. I was kind of looking forward to bronze wheels. Maybe things will be different for '22 builds.

Yeah, they look nothing like on website. Just look like a matte silver to me. I was kind of looking forward to bronze wheels. Maybe things will be different for '22 builds.
I’m thinking about complaining when mine comes in to my dealer and having them make it right.

I’m thinking about complaining when mine comes in to my dealer and having them make it right.
Could be a supplier issue or just a change and they've done a poor job communicating. I wanted the upper body stripe but apparently that isn't available for '22. It shows on build config though at jeep.com but that is for '21 models.

Back