392 with steel oil pan -engine only, specific skid plate

BB2018

Reaction score
Is there a engine only skid plate specific to the updated steel oil pan? I don't need a full set and know there are a few engine only skids but have only found them for the aluminum oil pan. From what I understand the ground clearance difference between the two pans is fairly significant.

I have wondered the same thing and if I were in the market for skids I would absolutely make sure it was designed for the metal pan. The difference is significant and has been documented on this forum.

Is there a engine only skid plate specific to the updated steel oil pan? I don't need a full set and know there are a few engine only skids but have only found them for the aluminum oil pan. From what I understand the ground clearance difference between the two pans is fairly significant.
Ever find out any more info on this question?

There is in the aftermarket. Everyone from Next Venture to MetalCloak have a specific skid for the later steel pans.

--S

True there are multiple options if you want a full set. However I'm ony interested in the covering the oil pan. So far I have not found anyone who just sells the oil pan skid for the newer style steel oil pan.

I spoke with the guys at MORE at the Overland expo in Loveland a few weeks ago, they have no plans in revising the skid for the newer pan. Will it work, sure, but I'm holding out for a better option. If no one makes one eventually I'll make my own.
Screenshot_20220925-160146_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back