392 order pending

JDC392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2023 Jeep Wrangler 392
I ordered my 392 on 11/15/2022. Was not able to order the XR package even though Jeep.com shows you can “add” the XR package. Went through a dealer. Sales guy said that Jeep.com has not updated their site but for sure the XR package is a no go. Mine is ordered w/o the XR. My guess is the XR is being held for the 20th anniversary.

Sales guy tells me orders are really quick now. Stated that he ordered one for a customer in Oct and he got it this week. That’s super fast. Looking forward to getting it quickly as well.

Welcome. I hope your order goes quickly but as you read most tend to be 4 to 8 months depending on what and when you ordered. I just picked mine up yesterday afternoon and I ordered in mid-July. The XR package is very nice by the way. You'll love the car.

Welcome. I hope your order goes quickly but as you read most tend to be 4 to 8 months depending on what and when you ordered. I just picked mine up yesterday afternoon and I ordered in mid-July. The XR package is very nice by the way. You'll love the car.
Dang! 4-8 months…
From what I am told, order are a little faster now. Hopefully it’s not that long. Lucky you were able to get the XR package. I ordered 11/15/22 and was not able to fulfill that option. With that said, I guess I regear to 5:13’s with 39s or 40s.

Thanks and congrats on yours.

Reactions: dog
Woo! Congrats on your order, you'll be so stoked when you get it that you won't care how long you waited, even if it sucks up until that day :) The good news is you have plenty of time to do research and figure out what your plans for your jeep are gonna be! Are you coming over from an older jeep, or is this your first one? Excited for you either way!

I ordered Jan '22 and received Aug '22, but like you said, I think lots of orders are going faster now (especially without the XR).

Maybe we'll cross paths in SoCal! Just hit some trails in big bear last weekend, it was a blast. Welcome!

Woo! Congrats on your order, you'll be so stoked when you get it that you won't care how long you waited, even if it sucks up until that day :) The good news is you have plenty of time to do research and figure out what your plans for your jeep are gonna be! Are you coming over from an older jeep, or is this your first one? Excited for you either way!

I ordered Jan '22 and received Aug '22, but like you said, I think lots of orders are going faster now (especially without the XR).

Maybe we'll cross paths in SoCal! Just hit some trails in big bear last weekend, it was a blast. Welcome!
Thanks. Had a 2013 JKU fully built. The tranny and power was a drag. Needed an upgrade!!! 392!!!.

Already have parts on order. 5.5 in lift, gears, full skids, CM axle shafts, KMC beadlocks and 39’s or 40’s. Haven’t been able to find tires I want just yet.

Even if the jeep takes a while, at least i’ll have parts to lust over lol.

For sure, once I have it here and built, lets hit the trails. !!!

It might be sooner than you think. My order went in on 9/19 and arrived at the dealer on 11/16. I found if you just keep hitting the refresh button on the tracker page it goes faster.
It might be sooner than you think. My order went in on 9/19 and arrived at the dealer on 11/16. I found if you just keep hitting the refresh button on the tracker page it goes faster.
Yours went fast! The good thing seems to be if your order was placed late this year (September-to date), orders are being fulfilled faster. My guess is late Dec.

Yeah, have been visiting the site daily.

Were you able to get an XR package? I wasn’t able. Guess I missed it before it discontinued.

Yours went fast! The good thing seems to be if your order was placed late this year (September-to date), orders are being fulfilled faster. My guess is late Dec.

Yeah, have been visiting the site daily.

Were you able to get an XR package? I wasn’t able. Guess I missed it before it discontinued.
No XR for me. And I suspect that helped speed it along.

No XR for me. And I suspect that helped speed it along.
True. I was thinking the same. Well, it’s still a win win for me. Now I get regear with 5.13s for 39s or 40s.

So tell me, is it worth the monthly mortgage payment? 🤣 (392 payment)

True. I was thinking the same. Well, it’s still a win win for me. Now I get regear with 5.13s for 39s or 40s.

So tell me, is it worth the monthly mortgage payment? 🤣 (392 payment)
It's worth it. I drive it every day, even if I have to come up with a reason. It's my first jeep, and I was worried about the road noise and wandering. Neither is an issue. With the sport exhaust off it's very quiet. There's some wind noise, but nothing like I expected. And it tracks just fine.

I'm still in the break in period (241 miles as of today), so I've not given it the beans yet, but what I've experienced so far, I don't think I really needed the XR package. It's plenty quick. I might go with bigger tires, probably just 35", just to fill out the wheel wells a little better. I was also thinking about re-gearing, but I really don't see the need.

You'll love it. It's just a fun, silly car that will put a smile on your face. Hopefully you'll have it by Christmas!

jgp

It's worth it. I drive it every day, even if I have to come up with a reason. It's my first jeep, and I was worried about the road noise and wandering. Neither is an issue. With the sport exhaust off it's very quiet. There's some wind noise, but nothing like I expected. And it tracks just fine.

I'm still in the break in period (241 miles as of today), so I've not given it the beans yet, but what I've experienced so far, I don't think I really needed the XR package. It's plenty quick. I might go with bigger tires, probably just 35", just to fill out the wheel wells a little better. I was also thinking about re-gearing, but I really don't see the need.

You'll love it. It's just a fun, silly car that will put a smile on your face. Hopefully you'll have it by Christmas!

jgp
That’s an awesome “first Jeep”. This is my 3rd and final. Always wanted more power and now it’s finally coming true.

35’s look just right, you’re right. That’s the way it should come period. They should have all been XR’d.

I had 37’s and 38’s on previous Jeeps. This time I want to go a little bigger tire size.

You are smart for breaking it in. A lot of people don’t. First 100 miles are the most important, then the first 500. People just mash it and go all out but the engine, tranny and diff gears need break in.

Look into the Jeep Wave program. The dealer (factory) will take care of your first 3 oil changes free. All you have to do is register.

Congrats!

Not sure they’ll update the website about XR. It’s there for us to custom order, but it’s also there to give a representation of what could be on a lot at any time. There are people who ordered XR who back out and since it takes so long for XR ones, one could end up for sale on a lot at any time.

Anyway, congrats again! You’ll probably have yours before I get mine. Heh

XRs aren’t happening anymore. The only place you’ll find them is on the dealers lot. There are two XR’s out by me at a local dealer, but he has them marked way above sticker.

XRs aren’t happening anymore. The only place you’ll find them is on the dealers lot. There are two XR’s out by me at a local dealer, but he has them marked way above sticker.
Yup! You are correct. Once you set up the order with the dealer, and select your options, they will tell you that XRs are gone for the 392. They are being held for the 20th anniversary which will be out with 37s on the V6 twin turbo.

I never keep my jeeps stock anyways so my advice to anyone that is bummed about the XR not being available, do what I am doing and make it better with the 4k you are saving. Apply that 4k towards a regear to 5.13s and drop 38s or 39s with CM axles. 💪🏼😎

Last edited:
Congrats!

Not sure they’ll update the website about XR. It’s there for us to custom order, but it’s also there to give a representation of what could be on a lot at any time. There are people who ordered XR who back out and since it takes so long for XR ones, one could end up for sale on a lot at any time.

Anyway, congrats again! You’ll probably have yours before I get mine. Heh
That’s so true. The ones sitting in dealers are nutz. I’d rather get my non XR and make it better than an XR and dump the markup dealer savings on upgrades.

Thanks. I think i’ll have mine by late Dec. Can’t wait.

Yup! You are correct. Once you set up the order with the dealer, and select your options, they will tell you that XRs are gone for the 392. They are being held for the 20th anniversary which will be out with 37s on the V6 twin turbo.

I never keep my jeeps stock anyways so my advice to anyone that is bummed about the XR not being available, do what I am doing and make it better with the 4k you are saving. Apply that 4k towards a regear to 5.13s and drop 38s or 39s with CM axles. 💪🏼😎
The V6 won't fit into the 2023 Wrangler.

The V6 won't fit into the 2023 Wrangler.
Hey Mike,
Not sure either about the new V6. This is what someone at Stellantis told a director of national fleet sales I know at Jeep. From what I gather, that’s the motor Jeep plans on shoe-horning in. Would it actually happen? Who knows. That engine though would actually makes sense. Whatever the case is, I am glad they made the 392 fit.

If the 6.4 fits then the 3.0TT should fit, it's not bigger than the Hemi.

If the 6.4 fits then the 3.0TT should fit, it's not bigger than the Hemi.
👍🏼. Those are my thoughts exactly.

Hey Mike,
Not sure either about the new V6. This is what someone at Stellantis told a director of national fleet sales I know at Jeep. From what I gather, that’s the motor Jeep plans on shoe-horning in. Would it actually happen? Who knows. That engine though would actually makes sense. Whatever the case is, I am glad they made the 392 fit.
Hey Mike,
I'm glad the 392 fit also. Not sure how accurate this site is but read this recently: https://www.motorbiscuit.com/is-the-jeep-wrangler-getting-a-new-i6-engine/

Back