392 in gecko for sale on ebay.....

1newbie

Reaction score
Current Rides
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Not mine and IDK the seller, but one of the only two 392's built in Gecko green is for sale on ebay.............

This was at a Land Rover dealer about a month ago. It was listed in the high 80s. I don’t think they knew what they had.

That will be interesting to watch. Could go for a ridiculous amount because it is so rare. I personally would not care about it being super duper rare because I would want to drive it and not just have a garage queen. Plus I'm not a collector. Still like watching this kind of stuff...........thanks for posting it up.

The color i wanted and almost ordered but at the time you couldn’t get the half doors with it. It would not surprise me if it didn’t go over 120k.

Too bad it’s the one top, I might of considered it

It looks like someone did and are flipping. They are using dealer pics and one driveway pic.
Whoever posted it did not use Rubicon in the title. When I search most of the time I punch in Rubicon 392 and it does not show up under that search. It does show up under wrangler 392. This could decrease the amount of traffic they get and result in lower price.

The color i wanted and almost ordered but at the time you couldn’t get the half doors with it. It would not surprise me if it didn’t go over 120k.
Up to $134,900 with one day to go.

Last edited:
Most 50-60 year old Jeeps on Ebay (or anywhere else) are being sold for $15K to $25K. Putting the same purchase price into the stock market would be worth hundreds of thousands. Ferraris these aren't, or even US muscle cars. Whoever buys that 392 will have something pretty cool, but not an investment.

Update: auction ended at $134,900 and didn't meet the seller's reserve so they relisted it starting at $110,000.

Just noticed it's not even an XR package. Not worth even the starting bid of $110k.

and the color didn’t command the pice. 10years from now maybe, right now it’s just a 392 that is desired.

Just noticed it's not even an XR package. Not worth even the starting bid of $110k.
It was worth $134,900 to someone. But the seller got greedy and turned it down.

Why buy it now option now?
you guys dont see the scam?

lol he manipulates the auction...1st auction lists with a HUUUUGE reserve and have a friend or two just overbid everyone to increase the price , 2nd auction relist with BIN with whatever amount was the highest in 1st auction. Seen this many time..but i've been seeling on ebay since 2001 and i have thousands of feedback. I'll actually report the auction as price manipulation
If the auction is legit (which I dont think it is) Ebay will investigate and leave it alone, if it's price manipulation Ebay will end it
I believe he used 2 diferent accounts to increase the price..any normal bid stopped at 96k after that you have same 2 accounts killing it

Attachments

• green.JPG
    green.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 67
  • lol2.JPG
    lol2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 80
Back