392 Emblems

I like the gold. However, I was also thinking of changing the bronze out for red which I think pops well with Sting Gray. I think a standard Rubicon has the red accents.

Before you darken those hooks....The other day a couple was strolling past my house while I was cleaning my Jeep. They stopped to admire it; the guy asked me questions about the engine and performance; the girl’s only comment was “I like the Gold Hooks.”
Again…the ladies like the GOLD 😆

I like the gold. However, I was also thinking of changing the bronze out for red which I think pops well with Sting Gray. I think a standard Rubicon has the red accents.
Sooo you want your 392 to look like a standard rubi? I could never....

Reactions: Sam

Attachments

• 34078266-8F57-41FE-A8A7-9D5E59069E0E.jpeg
    34078266-8F57-41FE-A8A7-9D5E59069E0E.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 323
Yup. That's what I am talking about. Looks great.

I was thinking of getting red wheels to cap it off...

Love the 392 in red. Did you buy a different emblem or paint it?

Tried to like the gold but it never clicked. These are my blacked out emblems with carbon fiber background. Looks a little blue from the sky but it is all black. Got matte black border RUBICON's from Pixel to install next.
20211215_153232.jpg

Picked up this emblem on eBay for $75. Supposed to be OEM. Exactly the same as hood emblems, I think they are real. Has 2 little post that snip right off. Smoothed the post holes with sand paper then put tiny pieces of 3m automobile tape just so they wouldn’t scratch the paint. The rest of the emblem has double sided tape already applied. Just in case someone doesn’t hear me smoke by them. I ordered 2 Hemi decals to put on the sides under the Jeep emblem. Trying to digitally color match the Rubicon decal. Should have it this week, I’ll post if it comes out ok.
That's awesome, those are OEM since Jeep just sent me mine that match your description. I will apply them this weekend thanks for the grind them off tip, was very reluctant to drill.

Here is factory
I debadged my 18 JLUR and planned to do the same to the 392. Are you saying the factory hood 392 badge is pinned and will leave holes if removed?
392 badge

Attachments

• front badge.jpg
    front badge.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 261
  • back badge.jpg
    back badge.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 267
Tried to like the gold but it never clicked. These are my blacked out emblems with carbon fiber background. Looks a little blue from the sky but it is all black. Got matte black border RUBICON's from Pixel to install next.View attachment 2308
Looks awesome. Is that custom? Or did you order those?

Looks awesome. Is that custom? Or did you order those?
Thanks, it is custom. I removed the emblems, scuffed, primed black color coat and clear. I traced out the emblem on the carbon fiber veneer then cut and trimmed with a Dremel tool.

I am not a black and gold fan… no offense to anyone else, it’s just not to my taste.
I went with dark silver and matte black.
I wanted to match the AEV badge colors and it came out pretty good.
I hand painted the hood badges and clear coated them with a satin finish, added a few matte black graphics from Underground Graphics… I like them.
2E4FAD7F-58D8-4204-8AF6-6AC9AB891C5F.png
79F1E009-C96F-4C66-873E-D1F0A2A320E9.png
25FE4394-6EEC-45B2-A2F5-04856118B6BF.png
190E6540-8320-4C79-9963-40E2BB4DAE95.png

I recently had it completely wrapped in LLumar Platinum Hydrophobic PPF and I like it so far.
I got tired of the dark silver and decided to go naked on the hood graphics for a minute.
I will do a matte black RUBICON graphic on hood with matte black 392 hood badges next…
I’ll post a few pics after it’s completed.
8A51DF78-B67E-47E2-9738-5B5A0F759073.png

I am not a black and gold fan… no offense to anyone else, it’s just not to my taste.
I hand painted the hood badges and clear coated them with a satin finish, added a few matte black graphics from Underground Graphics… I like them.
View attachment 2505View attachment 2506View attachment 2507View attachment 2508

I recently had it completely wrapped in LLumar Platinum Hydrophobic PPF and I like it so far.
I got tired of the dark silver and decided to go naked on the hood graphics for a minute.
I will do a matte black RUBICON graphic on hood with matte black 392 hood badges next…
View attachment 2509
I thought I was one of the only ones who does not like the gold/bronze. I'm thinking of something similar to yours but my paint color is granite. Did you remove the 392 hood emblems to paint them?

View attachment 2505View attachment 2506View attachment 2507View attachment 2508

View attachment 2509
I typically dont like the hinges to be different than the paint but I really like those. What did you do? It looks like they match the door handles very well.

I thought I was one of the only ones who does not like the gold/bronze. I'm thinking of something similar to yours but my paint color is granite. Did you remove the 392 hood emblems to paint them?
I had the whole Jeep debadged… I have several sets of hood emblems that I have painted different colors. I like the silver/matte pretty good, but I’m really liking the thought of ALL BLACK.
I just finished painting the matte black hood emblems this evening.
I’ll have it completed in the next week or so.

I typically dont like the hinges to be different than the paint but I really like those. What did you do? It looks like they match the door handles very well.
I ordered a set of door hinge covers from Amazon LOL!!!
I painted them with AEV touch up paint and sprayed them with satin clear coat.
I replaced the interior double sided tape that came on them with my own double sided tape I installed. They have been rock solid so far.
I hate how road debris chips the paint on the face of my door hinges.
The extra hard coat of the AEV paint makes a huge difference in looks and protection.

C935B931-2F5D-4405-80AA-8AE795202A66.jpeg
AD9E6752-92DF-45BB-AC86-70771DCECB9C.jpeg
EB17919D-0536-4357-90E7-CD48A61A8603.jpeg
Your Jeep in Black looks amazing and nice job on the logos. I did the same but wanted to match the AEV logo red/orange with the 392 logos.

Is that a smaller that stock RUBICON on the hood? I like it if it is. I always thought the factory logo was too big.

Back