392 Emblems

BenLandry

Founding Member
Reaction score
Picked up this emblem on eBay for $75. Supposed to be OEM. Exactly the same as hood emblems, I think they are real. Has 2 little post that snip right off. Smoothed the post holes with sand paper then put tiny pieces of 3m automobile tape just so they wouldn’t scratch the paint. The rest of the emblem has double sided tape already applied. Just in case someone doesn’t hear me smoke by them. I ordered 2 Hemi decals to put on the sides under the Jeep emblem. Trying to digitally color match the Rubicon decal. Should have it this week, I’ll post if it comes out ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 3,660
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 1,491
Picked up this emblem on eBay for $75. Supposed to be OEM. Exactly the same as hood emblems, I think they are real. Has 2 little post that snip right off. Smoothed the post holes with sand paper then put tiny pieces of 3m automobile tape just so they wouldn’t scratch the paint. The rest of the emblem has double sided tape already applied. Just in case someone doesn’t hear me smoke by them. I ordered 2 Hemi decals to put on the sides under the Jeep emblem. Trying to digitally color match the Rubicon decal. Should have it this week, I’ll post if it comes out ok.
Good for you... There were tons of Rubicon 392 knock off decals and emblems available on line prior to the first 392 Jeep even being delivered. Should you like the emblem/badging fakes offered then jump on them! However, I discourage the support of counterfits. I do have 5 TRUE Rubicon 392 Bronze wheels with the original 33" tires attached should someone be interested.

Good for you... There were tons of Rubicon 392 knock off decals and emblems available on line prior to the first 392 Jeep even being delivered. Should you like the emblem/badging fakes offered then jump on them! However, I discourage the support of counterfits. I do have 5 TRUE Rubicon 392 Bronze wheels with the original 33" tires attached should someone be interested.
Good grief.
<buying emblems now>
and I also have 5 TRUE Rubicon 392 Bronze wheels w the original 33' tires....yadayada.

I have de-badged the entire vehicle of the gold. I hate gold more than anything. Do you have a link to Ebay where you got those? If they have the post on the back than they are OEM. I didnt do such a great job on those and would like to start with some fresh ones.

After the third Trail Rated Ebay purchase I finally got the right OEM one that I was looking for. The first two were junk knock offs. I assumed that they were OEM as I didnt think there was that much of a demand for Trail Rated emblems that anyone would bother making those.

Thanks

I have de-badged the entire vehicle of the gold. I hate gold more than anything. Do you have a link to Ebay where you got those? If they have the post on the back than they are OEM. I didnt do such a great job on those and would like to start with some fresh ones.

After the third Trail Rated Ebay purchase I finally got the right OEM one that I was looking for. The first two were junk knock offs. I assumed that they were OEM as I didnt think there was that much of a demand for Trail Rated emblems that anyone would bother making those.

Thanks
Remember the left and right are different so be specific

Thanks
Honestly, the gold/bronze look was almost a deal breaker for me, especially on red. The fact that it is even in the stitching all over the interior made me agonized for months while waiting on delivery whether or not to black it out or own the bronze. I even went as far as to take my new wheels to a wheel paint shop and get quotes on painting black. In the end I decided to own it. It’s growing on me. The shop guys are liking it. I bought some Artec inner fenders for an upcoming fender chop. They are being painted black now but the Artec flag emblem will be bronze. One thing I’ve learned about Jeeps over the last 10 years that every decal, emblem and mod can be taken off and repainted or replaced.

Honestly, the gold/bronze look was almost a deal breaker for me, especially on red. The fact that it is even in the stitching all over the interior made me agonized for months while waiting on delivery whether or not to black it out or own the bronze. I even went as far as to take my new wheels to a wheel paint shop and get quotes on painting black. In the end I decided to own it. It’s growing on me. The shop guys are liking it. I bought some Artec inner fenders for an upcoming fender chop. They are being painted black now but the Artec flag emblem will be bronze. One thing I’ve learned about Jeeps over the last 10 years that every decal, emblem and mod can be taken off and repainted or replaced.
Wow Im surprised by how many ppl bought 392s but dislike the bronzy gold... I get hella compliments on it and get asked "howd you get a bronze package?" Lol... im like... its a 392.....
I love the color, even ordered fuel podiums to really accent it...
My 392 is granite btw.

Picked up this emblem on eBay for $75. Supposed to be OEM. Exactly the same as hood emblems, I think they are real. Has 2 little post that snip right off.
I debadged my 18 JLUR and planned to do the same to the 392. Are you saying the factory hood 392 badge is pinned and will leave holes if removed?

Last edited:
I debadged my 18 JLUR and planned to do the same to the 392. Are you saying the factory hood 392 badge is pinned and will leave holes if removed?
That’s a question for Smess

That’s a question for Smess
yes it leaves two holes in the hood thats why I asked Ben who exactly he got them from on ebay as I have received a few parts that appeared to be OEM and were not. You need OEM to replace those due to the holes in the hood.

Not going to remove the badges....but I am going to have them painted a different color than gold/bronze.......trying to decide whether or not to color match them or get a contrasting color

This looks great! I was planning to do the same thing but I saw it had posts and assumed it didn’t have the double sided tape. Nice work

This looks great! I was planning to do the same thing but I saw it had posts and assumed it didn’t have the double sided tape. Nice work
It had post but those were easily snipped off. I sanded those little post areas and put a tiny piece of 3m over the post area just to protect the paint. The rest of it was already 3m taped.

They are the exact same hood badge as OEM… and to prove it, this here ladies and gentlemen is the fastest YETI “Roadie” cooler in the world!
‘Merica!💪🏼🇺🇸

Attachments

• B3986498-C728-4D02-9587-414E90EBF349.jpeg
    B3986498-C728-4D02-9587-414E90EBF349.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 393

Mopar site has the OEM for $30…

Wow Im surprised by how many ppl bought 392s but dislike the bronzy gold... I get hella compliments on it and get asked "howd you get a bronze package?" Lol... im like... its a 392.....
I love the color, even ordered fuel podiums to really accent it...
My 392 is granite btw.
Yea, kinda funny.
My wife likes the gold and I dislike it🤷🏻
Pulled off the hooks and am looking for a way to change the 392 badge and hood logo.
Glad you like it.
If anyone wants my gold parts, come get em 😊

Yea, kinda funny.
My wife likes the gold and I dislike it🤷🏻
Pulled off the hooks and am looking for a way to change the 392 badge and hood logo.
Glad you like it.
If anyone wants my gold parts, come get em 😊
I already have different hooks that I bought on Ebay. I really would like to darken all gold accents but I will definitely start with the hooks.

I already have different hooks that I bought on Ebay. I really would like to darken all gold accents but I will definitely start with the hooks.
Before you darken those hooks....The other day a couple was strolling past my house while I was cleaning my Jeep. They stopped to admire it; the guy asked me questions about the engine and performance; the girl’s only comment was “I like the Gold Hooks.”

Before you darken those hooks....The other day a couple was strolling past my house while I was cleaning my Jeep. They stopped to admire it; the guy asked me questions about the engine and performance; the girl’s only comment was “I like the Gold Hooks.”
I'll admit the gold hooks are somewhat growing on me but I do have these ready to go.
IMG_7303.JPG

Back