35" tires

willy

Admin 🛠️
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
'23 RAM TRX
I was a little surprised to see the 392 not come stock with 35" tall tires. Anyone planning on upgrading?

I was a little surprised to see the 392 not come stock with 35" tall tires. Anyone planning on upgrading?
I thought it was coming with 35". Seen a YouTube vid where they were going over the jeep " concept" and he mentioned it had 37s. Most likely youll be able to fit 37s imo.

I plan on going with 37’s. I’ve had 35’s on two JKU’s and my current JLU. I would have done 37’s sooner but am already hitting 4th and 5th gear on the hills at highway speeds. 470 hp should fix that!

I plan on going with 37’s. I’ve had 35’s on two JKU’s and my current JLU. I would have done 37’s sooner but am already hitting 4th and 5th gear on the hills at highway speeds. 470 hp should fix that!
It will for sure. Did a hemi swap on a 2008 JK and I'm running 35's with 0 problems going into the 80+ mph range. Looking forward to the new updated version.

I was surprised about this too! Part of the beauty about this 392 “launch edition,” for me, is that it comes from the factory, under warranty, with pretty much everything I’d want to do to my Jeep.

I asked the dealership about getting 35s from the factory and that was not an option. Also, no option to re-calibrate(which I would want with auto trans.)if you have 35s put on.

I wanted 35s but don’t need them, plus the vehicle was engineered for the 33s, so 33s it is, at least for a while...

My 392 is JS (shipped to storage) - dealer is telling me it should be here this month. I have already purchased 35's BFG All Terrain with OWL. Bought new wheels for my 2015 JK 2-door because I am moving my current wheels over to the 392 with the 35's. Planning to sell my JK after I get the 392. Also, plan to buy this week a Maximus-3 JL winch mount kit for my Warn winch along with a Maximus-3 stinger bar. Having fun getting prepared for its arrival! Planning to take it to southern Colorado the last week of July to do many mountain mining trails!

Cruising @ 80mph today @ 1900rpm w/37 x 13.50s. Rides like a champ w/zero effort compared to my JK. The difference is night and day.

Just joined your group--have a 392 delivery due in 2-3 weeks. I like the look of 37"s but the "jeep guy" is have always used cautioned my using 37 verses 35 in that I am on highway 90% of time with only 10% with modest off road. He claimed the highway handling with 37's will be much different than 35's which I now have on '18 JL. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I had the dealer install 35's and recalibrate the speedo before picking up the Wrangler. Ride, acceleration, ect are great. A bit of a stretch getting in if you are under 6' tall. The look is worth it!

My dealer is going to switch the 33's for the 35's when she arrives. Modest upcharge. I would not consider going 37's for anything other than a vehicle that is going to see extensive off road use.
Respect your opinion, but have you seen a 392 w/37s???

Jeep2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is absolutely no doubt that it looks really "boss" (showing my age). Cool color, too. Nice rig. Certainly a difficult decision, but my AEV had 35's and it was amazing. Did you have to change out the rims? Looks like you did. I will look at more reviews on line for the 392 with 37's before I make a final decision, for sure. All the best. Enjoy your ride!

There is absolutely no doubt that it looks really "boss" (showing my age). Cool color, too. Nice rig. Certainly a difficult decision, but my AEV had 35's and it was amazing. Did you have to change out the rims? Looks like you did. I will look at more reviews on line for the 392 with 37's before I make a final decision, for sure. All the best. Enjoy your ride!
Yes, I bought the Black Rhino "Stadium" wheels (17 x 9.5). This allowed me to go with the 13.50s which gave me the squatty look I was going for. I had 35 x 13.50s on my '15 Rubicon so I wanted that same look but in a larger tire. Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong. These 392s are something else man. You should have seen the look on this guy's face yesterday in a Vette when I motored past him on the highway. I'm sure he was like, what in the hell, that's a Jeep with that kind of acceleration and mean growl!

Back