🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/466CPuu 🎁

2024 392. Keeping it stock (ish)

Meat Head

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2024 392 Rubicon/2024 Honda Accord Touring
Alright, we dove in and bought the 392 last Saturday. Plan to resist the temptation to mod this one, however, a few functional upgrades are in order. Yesterday I ordered Spiderweb Shades, a cart for one set of doors (Dual Door Group), a J & L oil separator, and some Rusty’s skid plates for engine and transfer case. Probably a temporary solution. They were cheap and in stock, and we are taking it off-road next month.

I don’t care for how exposed the exhaust is, both the muffler, and down the driver’s side frame. I’m digging the full Artec set, and I know they make a MagnaFlow driver’s side exhaust skid, but what if I end up with a AWE exhaust? Will it still work?

Also, what if I end up with an Atlas t-case? Will the t-case skid still work? If not, what are the solutions?

I am hopefully taking the dive on Friday for the 392. Not decided yet on whether I get a 392 with SOT that's pre-owned with 1800 miles, or a brand new Anvil 392 with 0 options. The pre-owned is actually a little less than the new one. See what happens :)

I am hopefully taking the dive on Friday for the 392. Not decided yet on whether I get a 392 with SOT that's pre-owned with 1800 miles, or a brand new Anvil 392 with 0 options. The pre-owned is actually a little less than the new one. See what happens :)
The Anvil is a great color. I had a 10A Rubicon in that color and loved it.

The Anvil is a great color. I had a 10A Rubicon in that color and loved it.
It's my favorite color, but the other dealer is making me an offer I'd me stupid to not accept on the used 392 with the SOT. That's in Hydro Blue :)

So I am stopping by to see the Blue first, and go from there. 1800 miles isn't too bad. They've got like 80 photos of it online and it looks clean. Clean carfax too. Owned by an old man who rotates cars every 4-6 months... like me but older LOL

It'll be my first Wrangler, although I've been eyeing one for 20yrs now. Almost bit on the 4xE when it first came out.

Test drove a used 392 a few weeks ago, and haven't been able to get it out of my head since.

Unfortunately, whichever one I get, like you, I am gonna be doing some minor additions (cell phone mount, side steps, bully bar) nothing crazy!

Alright, we dove in and bought the 392 last Saturday. Plan to resist the temptation to mod this one, however, a few functional upgrades are in order. Yesterday I ordered Spiderweb Shades, a cart for one set of doors (Dual Door Group), a J & L oil separator, and some Rusty’s skid plates for engine and transfer case. Probably a temporary solution. They were cheap and in stock, and we are taking it off-road next month.

I don’t care for how exposed the exhaust is, both the muffler, and down the driver’s side frame. I’m digging the full Artec set, and I know they make a MagnaFlow driver’s side exhaust skid, but what if I end up with a AWE exhaust? Will it still work?

Also, what if I end up with an Atlas t-case? Will the t-case skid still work? If not, what are the solutions?

I will say I am really happy with the tone of the Magnaflow Street exhaust. I'm not particularly loyal to any brand. With this exhaust system, the Quiet mode is close to factory quiet, but deeper tone. Performance mode (use 95% of the time) is a little louder than stock but not annoyingly loud, definitely deeper and more aggressive. MF system greatly reduced drone that factory exhaust had. Also like the fact Artec designed a muffler skid to accommodate MF Street.
I suspect AWE would also be a good choice, maybe a littler louder.

It's my favorite color, but the other dealer is making me an offer I'd me stupid to not accept on the used 392 with the SOT. That's in Hydro Blue :)

So I am stopping by to see the Blue first, and go from there. 1800 miles isn't too bad. They've got like 80 photos of it online and it looks clean. Clean carfax too. Owned by an old man who rotates cars every 4-6 months... like me but older LOL

It'll be my first Wrangler, although I've been eyeing one for 20yrs now. Almost bit on the 4xE when it first came out.

Test drove a used 392 a few weeks ago, and haven't been able to get it out of my head since.

Unfortunately, whichever one I get, like you, I am gonna be doing some minor additions (cell phone mount, side steps, bully bar) nothing crazy!
I bought my 392 used in hydro blue, loving every minute of it. It came with 30k miles on it and 40% less than a new one, couldn't pass up that deal. I ended up buying my fiance a grand cherokee a week later with the money i saved going used on the 392. I have never owned anything but white vehicles, so I wasn't sure of the hydro blue, but everyone loves it including myself!

Back