1st Oil Change in 2024 Jeep 392 - 8 months later.

Just a quick reminder to everyone doing their own oil changes, just did a change this morning and the oil filter rubber seal stuck again on the block. If you didn't catch that you will be crushing two rubber seals and causing a leak. Ask me how I know.
Did you oil the rubber ring on the filter when you installed it? Just dip a bit oil with one finger and oil the rubber ring surface prior to screwing it on. I do that and haven’t had any issues after 3 oil changes.

Did you oil the rubber ring on the filter when you installed it? Just dip a bit oil with one finger and oil the rubber ring surface prior to screwing it on. I do that and haven’t had any issues after 3 oil changes.
Yup, I always put a film of fresh oil on the new seal. I’ve been doing my own oil changes more years than I care to admit to. I have never had this problem with any other oil filter. But it happens about 80% of the time with the Mopar M-041.

Yup, I always put a film of fresh oil on the new seal. I’ve been doing my own oil changes more years than I care to admit to. I have never had this problem with any other oil filter. But it happens about 80% of the time with the Mopar M-041.
Not sure it this makes any difference, I use MO-899 and have been fine.

Back